Issue with an old OC bundle.

Associate
Morning folks, calling in a solid favour. Apologies if this is the wrong section, but felt it was close enough.

Cutting to the chase, I have an old (lets not worry about that) "Gigabyte Magma Z97" i7 4790K @ 4.50GHz Overclocked Enthusiast Bundle. I also have a Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition Gaming graphics card.

My PC has been working fine, up until a couple of weeks ago it would freeze when I left my work connection (via Citrix receiver) idle for a while. The only way I could restart was a shutdown via the power button. Then one evening, I shut it down via Windows option and it shutdown, but then stuttered the power on, then off, then on again then off.

The next day I tried to turn the PC on, and it wouldn't boot. It would just turn on for almost a second, I heard the hd power up, fans turned, then off. It would then repeat that over and over. I shut it all down, checked connections of all hardware, reseated RAM and graphics card, cleared cmos, replaced bios battery, nada.. BTW no post or codes on the mobo.

Figured it was the PSU, so bought a new EVGA 850 GQ, 80+ GOLD 850W. Installed it last night, unplugged graphics card again, re-ran cables etc. Turned it on and bingo fired up cycled LED codes and then go to A6 due to reset BIOS.

Shut down, moved PC back to its normal home, plugged it in, booted up reset BIOS to default and then loaded windows. Problem solved... Shut it down normally (via Windows options).

Wake up, turn it on this morning, and it is back to the reboot loop again... :mad:

Anyone have any ideas? I'm really struggling to clue into the cause of this.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Reseat ram as in boot with one stick in different slots. Blow air/clean at graphics card slot before reseating it etc. Triple check every connection especially clean gpu slot and gpu to power thingie.

Back
Top Bottom