Issue with Corsair ICUE - causing black screen of death

Associate
Hi,

I recently purchased a Corsair K68 RGB from overclockers.

However, with my new Custom PC from overclockers i have been having the black screen of death issue
similar to that seen in the below thread
https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178422&t=178422

in my case; it locks up the keyboard \ mouse - both become very slow unresponsive ; my display goes black - i have to hard reset !!!

It happens at random times; when i am in the windows 10 desktop; it can be 3hr,s it can be 30minutes before it occurs. It has happened every single day since I installed Corsair ICUE so I could change the LED lighting on the keyboard !!

My PC is a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Motherboard; with Ryzen 3900X, Samsung Pro NVME Drive; Nvidia RTX 2080 Super EVO OC, CPU Cooler Corsair H100i RGB.

I also got the problem when I changed keyboards to a K63 Red I had.

I did lots of Google searches; and in the end I UNINSTALLED Corsair ICUE on Saturday and since then have NOT had the issue; so very much points to Corsair ICUE.

Hope you can help; was wondering how do I control the LED lights on my K68 without Corsair ICUE installed ?

Is there any fix or workaround to this problem?

I reported the issue to Corsair last week; but still no response from them.

I am thinking of returning the K68 and going for a completely different make and model as a result of this problem if there is no workaround \ fix.

Associate
OP
Tried saving HW Profile to device; but it seems my K68 RGB does not allow it - found this post on another forum
Unfortunately the K68 RGB does not have the ability to save static lighting profiles to the device memory. In order to customize the keyboard, you will need to have the iCUE software running on your system.

So as it stands the K68 RGB LED functionality is useless to me; as I cannot run the ICUE s/w given the issues with it.

Associate
I have had the same issue with my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master and Corsair iCUE. I found that if any other hardware monitoring/control was running at the same time as iCUE it black screened. Also, Ryzen Master won't open if iCUE is running on my PC.

Unfortunately, I just uninstalled every other software except iCUE (needed it the most) and haven't had any problem since.

Associate
OP
I have had the same issue with my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master and Corsair iCUE. I found that if any other hardware monitoring/control was running at the same time as iCUE it black screened. Also, Ryzen Master won't open if iCUE is running on my PC.

Unfortunately, I just uninstalled every other software except iCUE (needed it the most) and haven't had any problem since.

Many thanks; I have the Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro , and on checking I also have Ryzen Master installed ; so if I uninstall Ryzen Master; it sounds like Corsair iCUE will be ok ? - i think i can live without Ryzen Master
Many thanks...

Associate
Possibly, it seemed to fix it for me but what worked for me might not work for you. No harm in trying though.

It's my work PC and the spec is similar to yours:

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, Ryzen 3950X, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB; Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT GPU, Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT AIO, Corsair RM850i PSU

Uninstalled Sapphire TriXX software, Ryzen Master, HWMonitor and left iCUE on for dashboard and AIO control.

Also, I set my AIO to Extreme on the pump and fans and set my rear exhaust fan to a higher RPM fan curve with the push AIO config at front.

I think it all points back to iCUE not playing nicely with other software. Until Corsair sort it out, it seems a case of either use iCUE on its own or everything but iCUE.

Good luck!

Associate
OP
Possibly, it seemed to fix it for me but what worked for me might not work for you. No harm in trying though.

It's my work PC and the spec is similar to yours:

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, Ryzen 3950X, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB; Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT GPU, Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT AIO, Corsair RM850i PSU

Uninstalled Sapphire TriXX software, Ryzen Master, HWMonitor and left iCUE on for dashboard and AIO control.

Also, I set my AIO to Extreme on the pump and fans and set my rear exhaust fan to a higher RPM fan curve with the push AIO config at front.

I think it all points back to iCUE not playing nicely with other software. Until Corsair sort it out, it seems a case of either use iCUE on its own or everything but iCUE.

Good luck!

Thanks for the additional info and guidance.
My rig is:-
MB: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro
Cooler: Corsair H100i Pro RGB
Memory : Team Group 32GB
CPU: Ryzen 3900X
Storage: M2.Nvme PCI 4 Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, Samsung 860 1TB SSD, Seagate 8tb Baracudda.
Graphics Card : Asus RTX 2080 Super EVO OC
Case: BeQuiet Dark Phase 900 Pro Rev2

I have Ryzen Master installed; the app for this I don't launch often but have used it a few times; i will uninstall it and then re-install Corsair iCUE and report back.

I have emailed Corsair customer services; they came back after 4 days or so to do a clean uninstall and reinstall; which i had already tried; so went back to them detailed my PC spec to them and awaiting a further response.

Associate
So, I know this is resurrecting an old thread, but I'm basically googling this problem and trying to post this wherever I see anyone experiencing this issue as I haven't seen this particular solution posted anywhere and it might help others as something to try if they are also getting it.
This might not work for everyone, but it has 100% solved my black screen issues with iCUE.

I have an 2080ti and I discovered in my windows event viewer that I was getting a 4101 display warning. It's just iCUE was triggering this display issue way more than any other program I use for some unknown reason. And I do mean, without iCUE it might happen once a month, with iCUE it happened 20 minutes. Anyway, on to the solution. I went to the nvidia control panel, manage 3d settings, global settings and changed power management mode to "Prefer maximum performance".

I've had iCUE running permanently ever since and have not managed to replicate the crash since making this change. It might not work for everyone but hopefully it might help solve it for some people. To anyone who finds this when googling, I hope it helps <3

Back
Top Bottom