1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with New GTX 1070 Sea hawk X

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by LukeL7, 1 May 2018.

1. LukeL7

Associate

I have recently bought a Gtx 1070 sea hawk X and have encountered various issues which I didn't before I "Upgraded."

Since buying the card it's had less FPS than my older RX 480 and has had continuous issues with stutter and crashes which yet again, the RX did not encounter.

I have tried various fixes to do with drivers including a full PC format and re installing the drivers and this of course did not work.

I have concluded that it may be a hardware issue but i'm not entirely sure so if anyone could help with this I would be extremely greatfull.

2. Slam

Wise Guy

If you've tried new drivers and a full is reinstall then it does sound like a hardware problem. Presumably you're not overclocking the graphics card.
    Hopefully by new you you mean new from a retailer and so the card is covered by a warranty .

3. Wrinkly

Wise Guy

Possible to try it in another PC?

What hardware are you using?

How is the GPU connected to the PSU?

What temps are you getting?

4. LukeL7

Associate

I am getting 26 degrees idle due to the water cooler and around 55 degrees max load
    I have formatted my PC and reinstalled drivers many different times.
    The GPU is connected by an 8pin power cable from my PSU.
    My specs are: https://uk.************.com/list/CMbQD2

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

5. Wrinkly

Wise Guy

Only thing I can suggest trying is the other full length PCI-E slot, in the hope that it is simply a seating problem.