Issues with new Ryzen 7 2700 build

Associate
Hi,
I have just finished building a new system with the following components:
2x16G CorsVengLPX White DDR4 PC4-21300 (2666), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 16-18-18-35, XMP 2.0, 1.2V
GigaByte AB350-GAMING AM4 Mobo Bios F22
512GB Intel 760p Series M.2
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 AM4 +Wraith Cooler
6G EVGA GTX1060 PCI-E

I have enabled the XMP profile, updated chipset drivers / BIOS etc. and have the Ram running at 2666, but have weird problems in the OS -

1. OS will occasionally hang for ~30 secs when browsing/downloading/copying files etc.
2. Chrome (Fresh install) cant browse (timesout)
3. Network doesn't seem as good as at should be
4. Installing programs takes a long time. I mean forever. I bailed on McAfee after waiting 3 hours and it only got to 81%. Creative cloud took a long time too. It seems some programs have issues connecting to the network. (Geforce Experience centre takes an age to open, then cant connect to log in for example)

Cinebench runs fine, as do games. I'm at a loss to where the stability issues could be, and how to try and troubleshoot...

Soldato
Hi,
I have just finished building a new system with the following components:
2x16G CorsVengLPX White DDR4 PC4-21300 (2666), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 16-18-18-35, XMP 2.0, 1.2V
GigaByte AB350-GAMING AM4 Mobo Bios F22
512GB Intel 760p Series M.2
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 AM4 +Wraith Cooler
6G EVGA GTX1060 PCI-E

I have enabled the XMP profile, updated chipset drivers / BIOS etc. and have the Ram running at 2666, but have weird problems in the OS -

1. OS will occasionally hang for ~30 secs when browsing/downloading/copying files etc.
2. Chrome (Fresh install) cant browse (timesout)
3. Network doesn't seem as good as at should be
4. Installing programs takes a long time. I mean forever. I bailed on McAfee after waiting 3 hours and it only got to 81%. Creative cloud took a long time too. It seems some programs have issues connecting to the network. (Geforce Experience centre takes an age to open, then cant connect to log in for example)

Cinebench runs fine, as do games. I'm at a loss to where the stability issues could be, and how to try and troubleshoot...

Got to ask, which slots do you have the ram in ?

XMP should be 1.35v not 1.2, so could be your ram isn't getting enough voltage to start with.

If they are in 2 and 4 then run memtest, or try everything at stock settings, ie ram at 2133mhz.

If they are in 1 and 3 then you have them in the wrong slots.

Did you clean install Windows ? how long did that take ?

Associate
OP
Got to ask, which slots do you have the ram in ?

XMP should be 1.35v not 1.2, so could be your ram isn't getting enough voltage to start with.

If they are in 2 and 4 then run memtest, or try everything at stock settings, ie ram at 2133mhz.

If they are in 1 and 3 then you have them in the wrong slots.

Did you clean install Windows ? how long did that take ?

Hi, and thanks for the reply :)

I do have them running off slots 1 + 2 (Red slots) as shown in the manual (They are number 1,3,2,4) - Ill swap them over tonight, change the voltage in the XMP profile then drop the speed and run a memtest.

The install of windows (Fresh install) was about what I would expect, but I didn't have the XMP profile enabled then. I did have the other issues though before I enabled XMP. Hopefully its just the RAM in the wrong slots.

What PSU is all that running off?

Running a EVGA 750 Watt GQ Gold Hybrid Modular ATX PSU/Power Supply

Soldato
Hi, and thanks for the reply :)

I do have them running off slots 1 + 2 (Red slots) as shown in the manual (They are number 1,3,2,4) - Ill swap them over tonight, change the voltage in the XMP profile then drop the speed and run a memtest.

The install of windows (Fresh install) was about what I would expect, but I didn't have the XMP profile enabled then. I did have the other issues though before I enabled XMP. Hopefully its just the RAM in the wrong slots.

Running a EVGA 750 Watt GQ Gold Hybrid Modular ATX PSU/Power Supply

Just checked your manual, it appears you have them in the correct slots, if windows installed without any issues with the ram at 2133mhz, but now its playing up with ram at 2666mhz, just raise the ram voltage to 1.35v and the SoC / NB voltage to 1.100v, it runs at 0.900v at default, so if itt works in offset mode, then just add 0.200v to bring it upto 1.100v, this is basically the uncore voltage, memory controller etc.

Associate
OP
Just checked your manual, it appears you have them in the correct slots, if windows installed without any issues with the ram at 2133mhz, but now its playing up with ram at 2666mhz, just raise the ram voltage to 1.35v and the SoC / NB voltage to 1.100v, it runs at 0.900v at default, so if itt works in offset mode, then just add 0.200v to bring it upto 1.100v, this is basically the uncore voltage, memory controller etc.

Thanks for the advice - its really appreciated! I'll try this tonight and let you know how I get on.

Soldato
empty , ram populate, empty, ram populate

16gb sticks, im guessing double sided is a pain

did get set working but wasn't on a budget board but x370 aorus

e29bEC3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom