• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Issues with over clocking dual core

Associate
Currently at i39, my m8s having some issues OCing his core2duo (original 2ghz) cpu. he has been able to get it to over 2.7Ghz for a few years but since he brought it to i39 its not clocking properly, it can go 2.6 but when its set to 2.7 it crashes and defaults.

tried reseating everything and temps at 2.6 are 40*

the motherboard is an Asus P5QL.

Associate
I can tell you now that the Asus P5QL isn't a good overclocker. I have the Pro version and it tops out its rated FSB at 1700. thats 425bus speed for your CPU. I can only imagine the non-pro version will not even hit this.
Things that helped me get a 1700 bus are upping the voltage in .05 gradients, Load line calibration set to enabled, put your NB strap on 400 and keep trying. mess about with the CPU margin enhancement and change the CPU spread spectrum to disabled. Oh and check your RAM settings. Make sure its not got a high divider on it make sure its 1:1. Have fun and kick ass man!

Back
Top Bottom