Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2020, Monza - Race 8/17

Rate the 2020 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
It certainly didn’t seem all that obvious. The signs on the left looked like safety car signs to me. Surprised nothing comes up on the dash? Surprised at the 10 second stop too, a drive through would have been sufficient.
I tried to argue this same point, it looks very simialr to the SC light, same (or almost same colour) and at speed on the outside of a 5g right hand turn, really? There should be a warning on the dash like SC has.

Still enjoyed Lewis fighting through while bottas, well, what did Bottas do? Not much.

Man of Honour
I tried to argue this same point, it looks very simialr to the SC light, same (or almost same colour) and at speed on the outside of a 5g right hand turn, really? There should be a warbing on the dash like SC has.

Still emjoyted Lewis fighting through while bottas, well, what did Bottas do? Not much.

Bottas fell back and stayed there. A shocking drive.

Soldato
The first safety car is very suspect for me when the car could simply have been pushed backwards 5m

Yeh, that was a ridiculous reason for a Safety Car. Then for closing the pitlane, the fact that the pitlane was marked as closed by a red light on the outside of the track when the drivers are clearly going to be looking at the Apex and entry into the pitlane is baffling. Made for an exciting race in the end though!

Happy for Gasly to get the win, but did anyone else think to themselves how Lewis got penalised for weaving on the straights to break the tow a few years back? :p

Good recovery for Lewis all things considered, shocker for Bottas and Ferrari. What happened to Verstappen? It didn't get mentioned on the C4 coverage.

Man of Honour
Yeh, that was a ridiculous reason for a Safety Car. Then for closing the pitlane, the fact that the pitlane was marked as closed by a red light on the outside of the track when the drivers are clearly going to be looking at the Apex and entry into the pitlane is baffling. Made for an exciting race in the end though!

Happy for Gasly to get the win, but did anyone else think to themselves how Lewis got penalised for weaving on the straights to break the tow a few years back? :p

Good recovery for Lewis all things considered, shocker for Bottas and Ferrari. What happened to Verstappen? It didn't get mentioned on the C4 coverage.

Engine problem for Max

Associate
The rules are a bit shady at the moment.

Agree, with timmeh, I think Hamilton would have enjoyed and walk away all things given - wlll be satisfied with his driving today.

Delighted for Gasly though - had a rough time last year, Sainz is class, some great racing.

Man of Honour
Ferrari have dropped their appeal into Racing Points penalty.

So that's it, it's over. $400'000 and 15 point deduction. All good now.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It certainly didn’t seem all that obvious. The signs on the left looked like safety car signs to me. Surprised nothing comes up on the dash? Surprised at the 10 second stop too, a drive through would have been sufficient.
In the countless replays on the TV I honestly thought it said SC, just with a red background. I didn't realise it was an 'X' until I saw the still image on Twitter earlier this evening.

Man of Honour
Ferrari have dropped their appeal into Racing Points penalty.

So that's it, it's over. $400'000 and 15 point deduction. All good now.

At least the rules have been clarified for next year now.
Although not that it seems to have done them much good anyway, today aside RP haven't looked to have the outright speed that everyone feared they were getting with the "Pink Mercedes"; it looks like McLaren are pretty much on pace with them if not quicker and Red Bull generally are ahead of them too.

Soldato
As already discussed a light that says an 'X' and not 'SC' sitting on the outside of a 5g right corner is hardly easy to realise the difference is it? but i guess your ultra eyes and ultimate perception would have been able to tell.

From Autosport : "Honestly I didn't see those boards, so I take responsibility for that," Hamilton said.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The guy that runs this channel is impressively quick at getting the radio up.

I thought this was worth a listen.

Caporegime
I kind of wanted to see Lewis overtake Bottas. Unless bottas' car was broken that is a damning race. Hamilton would have guaranteed got him

Great by sainz, should have and would have won. I bet Riccardo is looking forward to driving that car with a merc engine!

Great win for Gasly, if s little lucky

Albon needs to go. I've said it along with others for a while.

Very Dissapointed with Renault. Should have been better

Ill end with
Lol.. Ferrari

Back
Top Bottom