items stolen from luggage at Malaga

Associate
Hi Gang

Just thought id let you all know about the recent experiance ive had with my baggage at Malaga airport curotsey of easyjet.....

we arrived at stanstead on wednesday evening and had just passed through border / passport controll and were waiting for out baggage on the carrousel, our bags eventually appeard and without a thought we grabbed them and shoved them on a trolly, 15 mins later when im putting them into the car i noticed all the zips on one bag were open and some of my wifes clothes were stuck in the main zip... ( she is anal about packing so I mentoined it to her ) upon further investigation we noticed that the other bag had been tamperd with as well. so in the middle of the car park we opend both bags to investigate... all of out duty free booze, tobacco , aftershave had been lifted from the bag, together with my wifes washbag ( louis vitton for her birthday a few years ago ) a pair of ghd hair tongs, a pair of prada sunglasses, two pairs of dockers id bought whilst out there and ramdomly some playmobile figures we had bought for my nephiew....

long story short... easyjet dont want anything to do with it as its the responsibility of there ground sub contractors , the sub contractors are spanish and are not contactable , the insurance company has a snazzy little clause in the fine print about not covering duty free goods bought whilst on holiday and they also want recipts for all of our goods taken.....then they have an excess of £250!

Robbing Spanish *******

Caporegime
The only thing i put in the luggage are clothes.

BTW, how did you put duty free stuff in the luggage??? did you not check them in before you got to the Duty free section? Unless you bought them on the way out, and kept them all during the holiday to bring them back in the luggage.

Associate
Put a Zip tie round your case (through two zips together) then you can see if it's been opened straight away, and incase they need to see inside it for something they can cut it without having to damage the case.

I try to never leave any valuables in my main case though as I don't trust anyone.

Permabanned
Do you not padlock your case? :confused:

That doesn't stop people, suitcase padlocks are very easy to remove and in fact are removed by customs in many destinations. Flying to Mexico my padlocked suitcase was opened and all my toiletries emptied on my clothes. Thank you America. ;)

You can remove most suitcase padlocks with nothing more than a screwdriver.

Caporegime
I still want to know how he got the duty free into his luggage?

I thought in every airport you check in your cargo hold luggage - immigration - Duty Free - Plane. So you end up taking any duty free stuff as hand luggage with you onto the plane.

If that's the case then how does he put the duty free in his luggage?

If the OP or anyone can explain that to me it would be most appreciated....

Associate

I thought in every airport you check in your cargo hold luggage - immigration - Duty Free - Plane. So you end up taking any duty free stuff as hand luggage with you onto the plane.

Ooer. You have a point sir.

Associate

Well he's returning from his trip from Malaga to Stanstead.
I imagine that he bought some stuff in stanstead on the way out (though it wouldnt be duty free as its all in the EU) and then packed it in his suitcase on the way back to the uk.

Caporegime
Well he's returning from his trip from Malaga to Stanstead.
I imagine that he bought some stuff in stanstead on the way out (though it wouldnt be duty free as its all in the EU) and then packed it in his suitcase on the way back to the uk.

Isn't that a pain in the butt? not to mention all that stuff is MUCH cheaper in Spain than the UK.

Associate
Isn't that a pain in the butt? not to mention all that stuff is MUCH cheaper in Spain than the UK.

I agree, but thats the only reasonable explanation, as he couldnt have bought 'duty free' stuff from malaga and then checked it in.

TBH if you're going to put expensive stuff in a suitcase then you should really put a lock on it. For all we know the zip could have opened and the stuff fallen out. Cant really expect the baggage ppl to go round and carefully collect your stuff.

Back
Top Bottom