It's done (re: cheating friend's girlfriend)

Soldato
MasterMike said:
They're going to stay together though, which I don't agree with but it's not my decision, I've just done all I can do as his best friend.

Do you think he is a doormat?

* He says 'he can see how it happened' - did he blame his own actions, as if he were taking responsibility for it all?

* Do you think he was completely oblivious to the fact that it happened? Did he seem shocked to know it was happening, or shocked that you knew?

For all you know they were swingers...

Also, I thought you said that he wasn't any better a friend than friend 2...

Suspended
OP
He isn't. Or, rather, he wasn't. They're not swingers. I've said my piece, what more can I do? I told him they shouldn't be together. The situation is more complicated than I can really express over the internet, which is why I asked for the original thread to be deleted in the first place. I've done what I had to do.

Soldato
MasterMike said:
He isn't. Or, rather, he wasn't. They're not swingers. I've said my piece, what more can I do? I told him they shouldn't be together. The situation is more complicated than I can really express over the internet, which is why I asked for the original thread to be deleted in the first place.

But started another in its place. I dont think there is anything too complex to express in writing. Nor does this situation seem particularly complicated.

I've done what I had to do.

True, you've absolved yourself.

Soldato
Gilly said:
He's staying with her? :eek:

'Glutton for punishment' springs to mind.
I could never do that. Trust is far to important in a relationship. If someone has cheated on me I don't think I could ever trust her again.

Associate
It was the right thing to do.

My friend was recently being cheated on by his GF and I decided to tell him. He's one of my best mates and I'm not being the one that was going to keep secrets away from him.

Sometimes it may not work in your favour but you will eventually be thanked.

Soldato
Gilly said:
He's staying with her? :eek:

I'm wondering if he didn't already know or suspect. I wonder what sort of a girl she is, what he has told people about her...

For example, what if his parents really like her... few people would willingly walk into the sort of shame that it would take to disappoint parents with the news she was a rotten cheat...

The question is... what makes a person humble themselves in that way? What is so important that a person would sell themselves for the whim of another, when that other will likely only abuse harder with each submission...

Suspended
OP
cleanbluesky said:
Am I right in assuming you've now lost respect for them all?

Well, I dunno. Rather than losing respect for them I've just seen a completely different aspect of their personalities. I'm feeling a bit messed up now, I don't know what to think.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Christ, if a girl even came onto one of my mates, or got off with a random, she'd be getting the elbow. No question!

Earlier in the week, thanks to a similar thread I was made to question whether forgiveness applies and I'm still not sure.

I'd bet friend 1 already knew.

Back
Top Bottom