It's finally arrived!! More HP!!

Associate
New turbo kit landed yesterday at my tuner :D

Gone for a Owens Developments GBT6986 with an RPC Motorsport cast manifold kit

First job is to send the manifold and turbo housing to Thermo Met for insulation, so it should look like this

KBUnp1Z.jpg

Next job is five new injectors, full carbon clean and few other little mods

2PIwAKH.jpg
uENtKVO.jpg
HywVROb.jpg
d8MTHX2.jpg
goTCEhO.jpg
bJJcdIA.jpg
Sm8oguy.jpg

Associate
OP
Gonna be pretty mental, you gunning for 550HP area?

With my current fueling I'll hit the limit near 600hp, as I'm still running the stock ECU and stock engine I'm aiming for 550hp for now.

I'm planning on added secondary injection when Syvecs release the new S7 kit, the ability to add extra sensors, much better knock protection, switchable maps ect ect that should get me to around 700hp which would be scary on a stock engine :o

OcUK Staff
550HP should be pretty spot on in a car of that size and weight.
How will the differentials hold up, any chance of snapping front coupling if it shunts power forward to quick?

Associate
OP
Stock differentials have held up fine on three 1000hp cars i know about, the weakest point really is the gearbox, synchro are easily stripped and seen the outer case cracked on a few cars. Really need a DSG conversion or a sequential gearbox :D

OcUK Staff
Stock differentials have held up fine on three 1000hp cars i know about, the weakest point really is the gearbox, synchro are easily stripped and seen the outer case cracked on a few cars. Really need a DSG conversion or a sequential gearbox :D

Well I was not gonna say it, but yes you do need a DSG conversion. ;)

Associate
OP
A 5 cylinder engine? Or just upgrade half of the injectors on a V10?

5 Cylinder 2.5L :D:D

BbkeUoxntpI

Associate
OP
Well I was not gonna say it, but yes you do need a DSG conversion. ;)

All ready been scared to death by the cost, all in its well over £15K :eek::eek: That's with a cheap second hand box having it stripped and upgrading the clutch packs. Then the issue is that big hp DSG car eat duel mass flywheels.
I have been toying with the idea of getting another TTRS, swapping over the DSG and other bits needed then breaking the car for parts and keeping the engine as a spare :p

Sgarrista
Commissario
All ready been scared to death by the cost, all in its well over £15K :eek::eek: That's with a cheap second hand box having it stripped and upgrading the clutch packs. Then the issue is that big hp DSG car eat duel mass flywheels.
I have been toying with the idea of getting another TTRS, swapping over the DSG and other bits needed then breaking the car for parts and keeping the engine as a spare :p

Excellent man maths.

So do it already :D

Soldato
Surely with that kind of power increase (must be about 200hp rise) you will be going like old school turbos wheres there nothing and all of a sudden a massive shove. Or is it a hybrid type? Is lag still a thing on single turbos?

Associate

Tiptronic an option? Audi seem to prefer it on the high torque models, bit more robust.

Associate
Surely with that kind of power increase (must be about 200hp rise) you will be going like old school turbos wheres there nothing and all of a sudden a massive shove. Or is it a hybrid type? Is lag still a thing on single turbos?

Turbos these days spool very very quickly.

I've got a relatively large GTX3076 on my S2000 and it starts spooling by 2400rpm

Back
Top Bottom