It's finally arrived!! More HP!!

Associate
OP
Went down today for the first road test the speed is unbelievable at 1/3 throttle acceleration matches my stage 2 map, foot to the floor acceleration is insane 100-200 time should be in the five second range :eek:

Ordered a WMI injection kit as well for extra safety, few other bits to finish so hopefully i'll have it back in a month :)

Went down today for the first road test the speed is unbelievable at 1/3 throttle acceleration matches my stage 2 map, foot to the floor acceleration is insane 100-200 time should be in the five second range :eek:

Ordered a WMI injection kit as well for extra safety, few other bits to finish so hopefully i'll have it back in a month :)

This is similarly tuned and is a fair bit slower than that, if its genuinely 5s or so thats going to be mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWINUOQeYp8&t=77s

I like this when hes in the wooded bit, when he gets the full boost its like the first jump to lightspeed ;) (around 14 mins)

Thanks for updating :)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato

Lots of engines are dying

Saw this on another forum but it had no details on what level it has been tuned to. Really only a stage 1??

Surely a manufacturing defect here rather than the norm? Or is it a case that the new alu block, whilst easier to get more power out of, is weaker when pushed?

Caporegime
Saw this on another forum but it had no details on what level it has been tuned to. Really only a stage 1??

Surely a manufacturing defect here rather than the norm? Or is it a case that the new alu block, whilst easier to get more power out of, is weaker when pushed?

Defect, wear from improper maintenance, or a REALLY poor tune.

Associate
OP

The new alu engines have a much larger stock turbo than the older engines they also have secondary injection, so much higher figures can be reached with just a stage 1 or 2 map.

Stage 2 cars are now at big turbo levels which needs proper custom mapping, race plugs, WMI, better intakes ect ect people are just flashing an off the shelf generic map with stock plugs and wondering why there engines are exploding.

The main killers are high EGT which with the stock manifold are extremely high and people using low quality fuel which causes massive knock.

Associate
That was only an APR stage 1 map :eek:

I don't know how APR do in terms of performance and reliability as a whole but I ran Revo (similar 'generic' company) ECU and DSG software on my 8p S3 and it was *****, torque limited to about 311lb/ft.

A couple of visits to R-Tech and I was a much happier man, I came away with 370bhp / 390lb/ft.

Associate
OP
WMI kit has arrived and currently being fitted, hopefully I should be collecting it the last week of this month.

As I've got syvces now I'm going to spend a few days with my tuner road mapping as everything has changed, so many more aspects of the car can be completely controled. As an example syvces now controls my traction control and there are 10 different maps that can be configured, multiple engine maps, anti lag strategies ect

Back
Top Bottom