Its nearly that time of the year again (sunglasses recommendations please)

Soldato
Tob3z said:
Fake Oakleys for the win!!! lol. If you can afford real ones then buy them.

Glad this thread came up. I'm learning to drive and need some sun glasses because I can't see the road otherwise. Damn sun

Suffering from road-blindness is a terrible disability, it either leads to people who walk out into roads (being completely unable to see them) or people who drive themselves insane from fear when they think they see cars coming across the pavement to them...

Soldato
Yeh it's not nice. I can pull the sun visor down but it blocks quite a lot of my view so I really need to get some sunglasses. Also I can't stand oncoming car light in the dark. I'm going to look like a muppet driving in the night with sunglases. But it's safer so I couldn't give a damn.

Soldato
This sounds uber-chavvy, but try Asda for cheap sunnies. I picked up a really nice pair of D&G's last summer for £25-odd. Same as pic but tortoiseshell brown frames with brown tinted lenses.

DG.jpg

Oakleys don't suit me, which is good because everybody wears them!

Soldato
danza said:
This sounds uber-chavvy, but try Asda for cheap sunnies. I picked up a really nice pair of D&G's last summer for £25-odd. Same as pic but tortoiseshell brown frames with brown tinted lenses.

The problem is that its probably out of season...

Soldato
Belmit said:
I have a pair of the Oakley Why 3's. They're damn good, if a little pricy. For snowboarding I have a pair of half-jackets.

I'd say it's worth actually going out and trying some on - even if you don't buy them in the shop you'll know what you're after. Even the best shades will make you look like a fool if they don't suit you.

I got some of these recently for £24 (Lens 3 Grey Iridium). Awesome sunglasses and definately the best oakleys i've had. To be honest it depends what suits your face. I've had Half wire's before and they were nice too

Permabanned
Gaijin said:
I got some of these recently for £24 (Lens 3 Grey Iridium). Awesome sunglasses and definately the best oakleys i've had. To be honest it depends what suits your face. I've had Half wire's before and they were nice too
Prey tell, how did u get them for £24?

Soldato
Rotty said:
I have RayBan Titanium orbs at the moment , always found the build quality of RayBans to be much better the Oakley

No I disagree, I have both and my oakleys feel like the were crafted from the gods :) but my ray bans are a bit flimbsy if you ask me.

KaHn

Soldato
-Mighty-Mick- said:
RayBans are so poorly made its untrue there all about looking good and there protection compared to Oakleys is zilch!

Not really, I think the protection my oakleys give are great due to no gaps they sit close to my face and get rid of all glare, where as my ray bans give the same sort of protection, polarised iirc, but they have huge gaps around my eyes.

KaHn

Soldato
There is no comparison between Ray Ban and Oakley, Oakley are far far ahead.
I have some Ray Ban sunglasses and some Oakley Jacknife 2 glasses which are much much better, although there is a large cost difference :)

Oakleys are extremely comfy too - the "grip" design is much better than hooking round the ears.

Back
Top Bottom