It's not just cars and womens clothes...

Soldato
Stupid for selling or saying on OcUK it's illegitimate. That said, while a car that uses oil is not good, a cracked windows version is far superior to the legitimate one, far less **** and no moaning on hardware changes...

I far rather use a cracked version of windows than a legit one, less hassle.

Other than the obvious price difference, I can't see any situation whereby a cracked copy is superior to a legitimate copy. I'm intrigued as to what hassle you're talking about.

Soldato
Stupid for selling or saying on OcUK it's illegitimate. That said, while a car that uses oil is not good, a cracked windows version is far superior to the legitimate one, far less **** and no moaning on hardware changes...

I far rather use a cracked version of windows than a legit one, less hassle.

What a load of bull, I've got legitimate copies of W7 on my home PC, and 3 laptops and I've never had any hassle with any of them. Yes my home PC has asked to re-activate once or twice after I changed some hardware but that was hardly the end of the world.

Soldato
What a load of bull, I've got legitimate copies of W7 on my home PC, and 3 laptops and I've never had any hassle with any of them. Yes my home PC has asked to re-activate once or twice after I changed some hardware but that was hardly the end of the world.

Hassle/Waste of time.
And you had to type in the serial too eh? That's hassle in my eyes too. Non hassle is clicking ''next'' 10 times during install and the install being done for you without any (unnecessary, such as serial) user input.

Other than the obvious price difference, I can't see any situation whereby a cracked copy is superior to a legitimate copy. I'm intrigued as to what hassle you're talking about.

No need to type in a serial.
Shorter install process ( all the bull**** removed).
No need to activate it.
No need to re-activate it on every hardware change ( which is about once every month in my pc).
Passes all WGA checks etc ( legit does this too but it takes longer oddly).
All updates except the last 2 months built in. ( every 2 or 3 months there's a new one with all the updates, so no need to spend 20 minutes updating your release day copy) ( and ofc. all newer updates work fine).

Simple as that. Especially the re-activating on hardware changes is utterly annoying. On a laptop a legit copy isn't such a big problem I agree, especially if it comes pre-installed, on a desktop of a pc enthusiast however...
It is indeed a bit a matter of laziness, however, it still makes the cracked versions superior in my eyes.

Last edited:
Soldato
No need to type in a serial.
Shorter install process ( all the bull**** removed).
No need to activate it.
No need to re-activate it on every hardware change ( which is about once every month in my pc).
Passes all WGA checks etc ( legit does this too but it takes longer oddly).
All updates except the last 2 months built in. ( every 2 or 3 months there's a new one with all the updates, so no need to spend 20 minutes updating your release day copy) ( and ofc. all newer updates work fine).

Pretty sure i've only had to type in the serial once. Takes less time than it does to post this reply.

My install was pretty damn quick?

Activation takes a few clicks of the mouse iirc.

Can't comment on hardware changes because I have not changed anything.

Not sure what a WGA check is? Never had one as far as I can remember?

My copy updates itself, last time it checked was today at 10am I've never spent 20mins updating my copy.

Soldato
Pretty sure i've only had to type in the serial once. Takes less time than it does to post this reply.

My copy updates itself, last time it checked was today at 10am I've never spent 20mins updating my copy.

Windows Genuine Advantage Checks. And yes you have had them, luckily for you nothing happened.

It IS a pain in the ass and they really should just do away with online activation, it's not like if someone wants to crack it they can't.

Two genuine licenses and two pain in the backsides :(

Soldato

Yes but it's still a waste of time.

Pirated one is quicker.

Which is a few clicks too much.

Well I did, many many times, and you'd see what a hassle it is if you touched your pc once in a while.

Well, call yourself lucky that you haven't noticed it.

You would if you installed a release day win 7 now and had to grab all the updates, or worse, Vista release day, then you'll be needing to download 55+ updates.

As I said before :
It is indeed a bit a matter of laziness, however, it still makes the cracked versions superior in my eyes.

Man of Honour
So you're saying a Pirated version of 7 now has all the updates preinstalled and when you connect online it won't find any new updates?

Somehow I doubt that and anyone trusting a hacked up copy of Windows released by unconfirmed sources may as well open up their firewall, disable their AV and write their password on their foreheads.

It's laziness on your part really, not the superiority of a "cracked" copy.

Soldato
So you're saying a Pirated version of 7 now has all the updates preinstalled and when you connect online it won't find any new updates?
If it's released today, yes. If it's 2 months old, it'll have 2 months of updates 'to download, rather than the months/years from release.

Somehow I doubt that and anyone trusting a hacked up copy of Windows released by unconfirmed sources
A faulty release would get nuked in no time.

may as well open up their firewall, disable their AV and write their password on their foreheads.
Nonsense. If you truly believe this :rolleyes:...

It's laziness on your part really, not the superiority of a "cracked" copy.
The cracked version requires less work and attention and isn't a pain in the ***. So it's superior.

Back
Top Bottom