It's On! Floyd Mayweather - Conor McGregor **No discussions of illegal streams**

Soldato
Joke of a fight, something the WWE would cook up for wrestlemania not a supposed legit sport. It'll have plenty of pantomime build up as well.

Fair play to McGregor and Floyd for conning a big wad of money out of people. Conor has no hope of winning, the best boxers in this generation couldn't stick a decent glove on Floyd what hope does an MMA fighter out of his natural environment have?!

Don
They're not really conning people though, are they? Everyone knows Floyd is going to school him but for whatever reason we all still want to see it.

I actually saw an interview with Eddie Hearn a while back where he was talking about all the possible PPV fights this year and possibly having to choose between this fight and the GGG/Canelo fight. From a boxing point of view it's a no brainer, GGG/Canelo is a much better fight but he was certain that this would sell far more PPVs.

Soldato
No way am I paying to watch that fight, it's a blatant cash grab and nothing more. I'll pay to watch a serious boxing match such as GGG vs Canelo, which I'm really looking forward to, but Mayweather vs McGregor is a circus and a farce, nothing more. Having said that, I get why all parties involved are interested. For the fighters it's a huge payday, McGregor will still be considered one of the best MMA fighters regardless of the outcome so he's got nothing to lose, boxing gets a big night, the UFC gets exposure amongst people that might not know much about it, so it's a win-win really. It's the fans being mugged off that will lose.

Soldato
Boxing pundit Steve Bunce just spoke on 5 live and said "One thing is for sure, McGregor WILL NOT win this fight!" Probably won't care that much after pocketing nearly $100 million.

Bookies over here apparently have McGregor at 7/1 to beat Mayweather.

Last edited:
Soldato
Everyone will be paying for this fight, it's gonna smash all records. We all know what's going to happen but it'll be intriguing to see it all play out. Agree the press conferences and build up will be entertaining, I expect Mcgregor to tear into Mayweather for not allowing the rules to move even a fraction outside of 'boxing'. Would have been so much more interesting imo if they used mma gloves but with all the boxing rules in place, as it stands though I expect nothing less than Mayweather to have had the final say in pretty much everything or there would have been no fight.

Man of Honour
It'll be an interesting fight but surely Mayweather will batter him? Boxing and McGregor's MMA style aren't really the same thing...

Weird, cool but weird.

Soldato
I would love to see the contract. Conor loves money so he wouldn't dare risk his purse, but imagine the tears if he decided to headkick him or maybe just throw a leg kick or two. No one would actually care, right? Floyd is a despicable human being.

If he makes it past the first round it's a W. Hell, he has already won.

Soldato
They both money lovers, what's the rules? Boxing only? Floyd would smash him after 3+ rounds, if that's the case. Yeah thinking about it, any other way Conor would smash him. So whats the deal with fighting style? Just boxing? That just screams Conor wants money, more so than Floyd.

Ree

Ree

Associate
mcgregor will gas throwing and missing so much, floyd will counter and take him apart. at best conor has a punchers chance early on(thats if conor has the power to trouble floyd). i can see this possibly being a towel flung in fight with conor's face being a mess. that would be my little prediction.

will be a cracking payday though and thats all this is about.

Soldato
They both money lovers, what's the rules? Boxing only? Floyd would smash him after 3+ rounds, if that's the case. Yeah thinking about it, any other way Conor would smash him. So whats the deal with fighting style? Just boxing? That just screams Conor wants money, more so than Floyd.

Its boxing.

Its a joke of a fight but then id have a go at Floyd for 75mil...not sure id make weight unless he was willing to fight heavyweight...maybe light heavyweight at a push.

Soldato
Must admit I never thought it would happen. Will be interesting for sure, but I'm not paying for it. Have to favour Mayweather to win fighting on his own terms.

Soldato
Haha - I love all the hate in here!

People will buy it - it will break records pure and simple.

The "casual" fan will lap this up - I'll be watching for sure, simply one of the biggest events ever. Biggest boxing event - no, it's not a boxing event in the purest form, biggest "fight" - yes.

Caporegime
The best outcome for this would be for nobody to buy the fight and stop making promoters and fighters rich for **** poor contests, I'd rather watch two journeyman boxers fight than an MMA fighter vs boxer in a boxing only contest, the only entertainment will be the press conference and the slim chance McGregor snaps after getting tee'd off on and kicks Floyd or something.

I just feel things like this will make both sports worse in the long run as it's no longer about the discipline but the money, something that has ruined boxing over recent years but it seems to have recently got back on track.

Back
Top Bottom