It's On! Floyd Mayweather - Conor McGregor **No discussions of illegal streams**

daz

daz

Soldato
I think these days with what has happened to other boxers where fights have gone on for too long (e.g. the Chris Eubank Jr fight), the referee was right to stop it.

Personally I enjoyed the fight for what it was.

Soldato
100% if you give the ref a reason to doubt you then you deserved stopped. You'll feel bad/angry about it as a competitor but your future self will (hopefully) see sense and be thankful for it.

Soldato
I paid my £20 and thoroughly enjoyed the 'event'. OK, not the worlds best boxing match, but it wasn't about that. This was just for pure fun and entertainment.

Mayweather was running at about 20% of his ability. He could have ended it after round 3 if he wanted. There wasn't a drip of sweat on him and he was laughing and joking in his corner after each and every round. The only reason why he let it go 10 rounds was the backlash from all the people who paid the $100 PPV. He wanted everyone to get their moneys worth.

This was probably the easiest fight of his career.

I kinda understand why he agreed to it. It was a pretty fun way to start your retirement. He knew he'd win, big payday, lots of fans watching around the world (did it break the box office record?).

If by some miracle they can agree on a mcgregor v malignaggi fight I'd pay another PPV fee to watch it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aye, it went the way we all thought it would but I had a nice BBQ (pulled pork burgers and ribs), won 3 games of poker with my mates, had some good chat, watched the fights and drank my fill of beer and whisky - so all in a good night!

That said I hope this sort of fight doesn't become commonplace as the farcical build up was really quite annoying and over the top.

Edit: Can we have a head count of all those that had Conor to win please for future reference? :D

Soldato
McGregor lost by less than Mayweather would have if he'd crossed codes to UFC. Assuming it was a legit fight of course...

Anyway I have only admiration for anyone that can earn so much money in a legal way.

Bit of a laugh really. I don't see that it was a legit fight.

Mayweather made sure Connar provided no threat, enjoyed the night somewhat and then finished in the 10th to keep punters happy.

Soldato
I think it was game over for connor the second floyd took one of his uppercuts and shrugged it off. He had no regard for his power at that point and walked him down/parried his shots.

I don't think FMJ actually gets the credit he deserves for his career. Genius in that ring.

Soldato
There's no doubt CM is world class in MMA but I do feel he was way overhyped by the likes of Joe Rogan who does talk some crap. Kiss of death power in the left hand, Ronda would beat 50% of male UFC fighters and mayweather etc

Soldato
Ronda would beat 50% of male UFC fighters and mayweather etc
lol I remember when Dana White said Ronda would beat Mayweather in a stand up fight :eek: when she was winning every fight. Then it all went quiet when she kept getting knocked out by any one that could actually strike properly. Dana and Rogan **** me off with the **** they talk sometimes

Man of Honour
I think it was game over for connor the second floyd took one of his uppercuts and shrugged it off. He had no regard for his power at that point and walked him down/parried his shots.

I don't think FMJ actually gets the credit he deserves for his career. Genius in that ring.

They both took some decent shots from the other and mostly shrugged it off. Maybe Mayweather would have adjusted his tactics against a more seasoned boxer but it was something McGregor could have played to his advantage if he had been a more experienced boxer.

Back
Top Bottom