• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

its on its way

Associate
all i need now is the date and the price

You will get neither for now.

I have asked OCUK directly regarding the release of the 5870x2. The response was pretty straight forward and not all that informative however. They stated that an NDA was still in place surrounding its details and that a stipulation of it was that the date of when the NDA is to be lifted isn't allowed to be reveled either.

Tbh, this is a somewhat better scenario than simply saying that they don't know anything about it at all. If there's an NDA in force is would suggest that the 5870x2's appearance is going to be relatively soon. I don't want a 5870, I am willing to wait at least a month to get my hands on the x2!

Soldato
Why?

List price 5870 = $399

List price 5870x2 = $599

Two 5870 in xfire will cost you $200 more = £153.00

Of course this assumes you have the room in your case........:p

This is of course Greebo, also assuming that the 5870 will still be 399 when the 5870X2 is released, which I doubt since it's looking like the back end of November from what I've heard near the GT300 launch

An upgrade to another 5870 in a few months may well just work out same amount of cash spent as you would for an X2 the difference being you'd have had a 5870 for two months.

Soldato
That thing is massive :(
So many people will need new cases to fit that monster in.....

6085765.jpg

could work ;)

Soldato
if there great and only IF it will actually save me some money selling my 2 singles for this beast but if its just the same speed as 2x singles then it really isnt worth it.

though 5890x2 would possibly tempt me more into doing it :D

Back
Top Bottom