• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

its on its way

Soldato
500 would be minimum, otherwise they would have to sell 5870's for less than 250, i dont think they would drop that fast surely?

Why? It has always been the case that the x2 variant is cheaper than buying two individual cards. After all, they only require a single PCB, a single set of packaging etc...

Also, that 677 euro price was put up in January, according to the bods at XS forums, so can't be representative of anything. I wouldn't read anything into it. I would be very surprised if the price was set at anything other than $599 (which would be around £450 ish given conversion, VAT and import costs).

Soldato
I can't remember but I'm sure I read somewhere that the 4870X2 was the same as running two 4870's in an 8x config instead of 16x.

I think Crossfire 4870s worked out very slightly faster than the X2

Soldato
Too Big! :(

The current single GPU 5870 is far too long aswell, looking at the board they've put some large gaps between the components that waste space and make it longer, not sure why they have done this!!!

Associate
I think they should really start to invest in making these cards on smaller PCB's. It's just getting ridiculous. :eek:

What's next? 18" cards? 22" cards?

Soldato
the length reminds me of

2_v6k_Foro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom