It's too hot :(

Associate
Excessive?? 2 days where it's 30'c? People need to get a grip.

I'm with you on this. Seems anything above 13c is considering a heatwave to some on here. :p

Have you lot acclimatised yourselves to the cold so well that you can't bear what most of us would consider normal summer weather? :confused:

Soldato
I'm with you on this. Seems anything above 13c is considering a heatwave to some on here. :p

Have you lot acclimatised yourselves to the cold so well that you can't bear what most of us would consider normal summer weather? :confused:

That definitely happens, im the sort that would wear a t shirt in the snow and 20c and above had me sweating in a puddle.
Since having a prem baby and needing the house hot, 23C for 6 months last year im the opposite now, the office is 19c and i have a jacket on. This weather we have just had at no point did i feel hot just okay or getting warm.

Associate
That definitely happens, im the sort that would wear a t shirt in the snow and 20c and above had me sweating in a puddle.
Since having a prem baby and needing the house hot, 23C for 6 months last year im the opposite now, the office is 19c and i have a jacket on. This weather we have just had at no point did i feel hot just okay or getting warm.

So you used to be one of the few people I saw on Monday! While the rest of us looked miserable in spring time clothing a few people were persisting with tshirts, shorts, and in some cases flipflops. I will say that none of those summer wardrobe wearers looked remotely happy with their choice of clothing either. :p

Soldato

Not to mention the obligatory stories and comments we get on climate change/end of the world etc the moment the mercury goes past 28c. :o

Soldato

Speaking as one of dwindling numbers of native inhabitants of these isles 30c+ is not remotely normal summer weather. If it was Spain, or Turkey, or one of those places I'd expect it but it ain't. Bring back the snow, that was fun. :p

I just bought one of these. I held off for ages after hearing stories of them being rubbish but 15 mins in I could not be happier. It's not Aircon but so much better than a fan. Happy as a pig in (chilled) muck :)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07C43MNY5?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Got myself one of those portable aircon units there was only a few left at the shop. Cost a bit more than that though.

Soldato
Mine isn't Aircon (Aircon was just too big , I could not be bothered venting one and they use too much electricity for my tight northern pockets ;) )
It's essentially a swamp cooler. Put water in the bottom (and optional iceblock) and a small pump sucks water through a giant filter, which makes it damp, the surrounding air is then pulled through the damp filter i( a bit like putting a damp towel on a fan) which then cools the air down.
The less humid it is the better it works.
Uses barely any more electricity than a normal fan but actively cools the air by a few degrees rather than just moving around warm air.

Yours will defo work better than mine however.

Last edited:
Associate
Speaking as one of dwindling numbers of native inhabitants of these isles 30c+ is not remotely normal summer weather. If it was Spain, or Turkey, or one of those places I'd expect it but it ain't. Bring back the snow, that was fun. :p

I could understand your point if we were breaking through the 30c+ barrier for days or even weeks on end, but we're not. A few occurrences of 30c+ peaks throughout summer are completely normal. The next few days here look set to never break out of the teens once.

Two common quotes I've seen over the last few years on the off chance I catch a weather report has been temperature below average & sunlight below average.

If anything, if feels as though summers are becoming cooler and winters milder. The worst of both worlds imo. :p

Soldato
Can't believe some people say they wear trousers & jackets at this time of year, I would basically wear shorts and t-shirts from early May til whenever it gets to about 12 degrees, that is when it's officially jacket/trouser weather. I do think AIr con for the house would be an amazing purchase, but just so expensive! Was thinking about it the other day, the unit could sit on the external wall, have one in the lounge and one in the upstairs hallway (if they could somehow route pipes long enough) it would be bliss, fans help but when it gets REALLY muggy they just cease to be effective, that said, having the loft hatch open helps a lot...

Man of Honour
Indeed, this is how I like the summer.

Just need a little bit of rain so i don't have to water the garden. Come on, God, do me a solid.

Hasn't really been perfect here - little snatches of it - but a bit too much of a almost but not quite too muggy feel - I wish the temperatures were about the same but a bit of a fresher feel and the sun out more rather than the general hazy/cloudiness.

Soldato
quite happy with the weather ,theres enough dew in the morning to keep the lawn happy (main garden other side of car) and im just spot watering new planted stuff ,wouldnt want it any warmer as im still coastal walking 4 days a week ,surf has been non existent for ages now (poor old me) no low pressure engine out there

IMG-20190706-145354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom