It's too hot :(

Soldato
It's almost like the Victorians actually knew what they were doing and things like cavity walls and air vents to allow fresh air to enter under the floor and rise up weren't a bad design idea xD

Soldato
I'm in New York (midtown manhattan)... Since Thursday 18th July.

I kid you not the heat has a feels like temp of 42c even though its about 38c but the killer thing is the sheer humidity - the roads are melting, air con units are breaking down all over the shop as well as contributing to the heat. It is insane.

My prior trips to Rome and the Maldives have had equally high temps but not this humidity. I recall my wife and I doing a mad 6hr walk of Rome that I had planned whilst the temps were in the high 30s. We can barely manage 1hr in NY. Even the locals are struggling hugely.

Associate
I'm in New York (midtown manhattan)... Since Thursday 18th July.

I kid you not the heat has a feels like temp of 42c even though its about 38c but the killer thing is the sheer humidity - the roads are melting, air con units are breaking down all over the shop as well as contributing to the heat. It is insane.

My prior trips to Rome and the Maldives have had equally high temps but not this humidity. I recall my wife and I doing a mad 6hr walk of Rome that I had planned whilst the temps were in the high 30s. We can barely manage 1hr in NY. Even the locals are struggling hugely.

Yeah it's the humidity and lack of any breeze that does it. Wore a suit to work on friday should not have done that. At least the subway trains have ac here unlike the tube in london

Soldato
I don’t sleep as well in the Summer, i seem to fall asleep okay but every morning i seem to wake at around 5am, anyone else?

Wake up here from being either too hot or too cold - too cold because its just sheets or too hot because the duvet - can't seem to find the sweet spot. Sunlight isn't an issue as I always make sure the curtains are the thick ones with a lining/backing, learnt that from experience. They're heavy but they keep it dark. They also act as insulation in the winter.

Aaand the heats back on this week. 'bout time I unboxed the aircon unit I reckon looks like we're going to need it.

Soldato
Brace yourselves, it's gonna be a hot one this week!

eA8LF00.png

I'm in Harrow London and I have luckily got this week off, I want no part of this weather in London, it's soul destroying being surrounded by concrete, mugginess, heat, cars, pollution and in my area most of the ******* come out into the streets when it gets hot so me and the Mrs are going to Snowdonia tomorrow morning to camp for the week!

I just came back from a month in USA, where i was in the desert of Oregon, Gulch areas of Idaho and the temps were near 36c and totally tolerable! Yet here in London I die at 25c or above, I can't stand it.

Caporegime
lol its gonna peak upto about 30 degrees here over the next few weeks and all my Swedish friends are already crying.
Its crazy -30 in winter +30 in summer.
I'm glad i work in a refrigerated environment 50% of the time :p

Back
Top Bottom