ITT you tell us 1 fact we don't already know

Soldato
Matblack said:
Bannanas do not grow on 'trees' the banana plan is in fact a herb.

Banana plants are also known to move laterally over time or 'walk'

MB

Can you clarify things, i have seen a banana plantation before, as a mater of fact my uncle owes one.

Banana do grow on the plant (you are right it aint a tree), what do you mean by they walk or move overtime?

The seeds are not viable (i.e cant be grown through seed) and it is cultivated through buddin - fact.

Permabanned
The second hand of wall hung clocks always stops on the up climb of the last half hour of the hour when the battery is low....this is due to gravity!

Last edited:
Soldato
ElRazur said:
Can you clarify things, i have seen a banana plantation before, as a mater of fact my uncle owes one.

Banana do grow on the plant (you are right it aint a tree), what do you mean by they walk or move overtime?

The seeds are not viable (i.e cant be grown through seed) and it is cultivated through buddin - fact.

This is correct, the banana plant (a herb) is grown with two parts a viable stem and a smaller sucker stem, at the end of a season the larger part is removed and the smaller part takes over for the following season, because these two stems are side by side the whole plant will transition laterally over time almost like walking :)

MB

Soldato
Matblack said:
This is correct, the banana plant (a herb) is grown with two parts a viable stem and a smaller sucker stem, at the end of a season the larger part is removed and the smaller part takes over for the following season, because these two stems are side by side the whole plant will transition laterally over time almost like walking :)

MB

The viable stem is always left behind and the sucker stem taken out (uprooted, cut off) as it competes for nutrients with the bigger one.

Also since it takes quite sometime, 3months or so to rear a healthy bunch and this can go on for ten years, it is only right to remove the little sucker - more fact :)

Soldato
ElRazur said:
The viable stem is always left behind and the sucker stem taken out (uprooted, cut off) as it competes for nutrients with the bigger one.

Thats not what they told me at the Eden Project or what Wiki says

The plant is allowed to produce 2 shoots at a time; a larger one for fruiting immediately and a smaller "sucker" or "follower" that will produce fruit in 6–8 months time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana

Both however may be wrong :)

MB

Soldato
The maximum range of a Milan anti tank missile (do a search, they saved 2 Para's backsides at Goose Green in the 1982 Falklands war) is 1950 metres.

I earnt a few browning points when I was in Army club at university for knowing that one, saved us from a good beasting.

Che

Che

Associate
Nutmeg is a type of drug called a deliriant that can cause "trips" that can last for several days with intense hallucinations and delusions...but even I don't recommend it as it's classified as a deliriant for a reason!

Soldato
Concorde fact:

The french used steel bolts on the outer wings instead of the stainless steel that they were supposed to, and like the British were using ;)

Conc

Soldato
Matblack said:
Thats not what they told me at the Eden Project or what Wiki says

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana

Both however may be wrong :)

MB

Everthing im saying as per the banana, i learnt first hand on a farm back home, having said that there are diffrent ways of producing same crop worldwide. I think that system of yours is for GM and largescale farming while mine is what i will call Subsistence farming!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom