ITT you tell us 1 fact we don't already know

Suspended
Exentia said:
Sandiego is spanish for "A wales Vagina" :p

Wtf, how can that be true?

San = Saint

Diego is a Spanish and Portuguese name derived from the Latin "Didacus", popularized by Saint Didacus of Alcalá. Popular etymology sometimes connects the name Santiago (a contraction of "Santo Iago", meaning "Saint James") with San Diego, but they are not etymologically related.

Permabanned
Fact :

If you slow a recording of an electical spark right down ...it sounds like thunder .

And i do mean EXACTLY like thinder .

If anyone with a sample and the right gear could do it and host it ...I would appriciate it

Soldato
Chronos-X said:
Wtf, how can that be true?

San = Saint

Diego is a Spanish and Portuguese name derived from the Latin "Didacus", popularized by Saint Didacus of Alcalá. Popular etymology sometimes connects the name Santiago (a contraction of "Santo Iago", meaning "Saint James") with San Diego, but they are not etymologically related.

did you just.....nah you couldnt....omg you did :o :p

no really it does mean a wales vagina google it ;)

Man of Honour
Rivers called 'river' and hills called 'hill' are surprisingly common throughout the world. This usually happens when an alternative word for river or hill is used as the place name.

In fact, there is one place in the Lake District that can be legitimately called 'hill hill hill hill'. :)

Soldato
Greeks are the offspring of an early alien invasion, the same aliens will once again conquere this world and put the Greeks in charge of everyone.

Associate
I might not be the only one on here to know this, (Infact i know MrMatteh knows this) But ill say it anyway...

Technically, if one is being totally precise, Newtonian mechanics cannot be applied to any problem on the Earths' surface. Or any planet for that matter.

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
kitten_caboodle said:
And on that note :D

It is rumoured that Hitler lived in Liverpool during 1912/13 with his brother and sister-in-law so he could escape doing Military Service for the Austrian Army.

Very possible. My old man used to live in a flat which was part of Hitler's in-laws house.

Which explains his rather right wing tendencies...

Soldato
woodsy2k said:
Technically, if one is being totally precise, Newtonian mechanics cannot be applied to any problem on the Earths' surface. Or any planet for that matter.
I always thought the earth's rotation (about it's axis and around the sun) must have some relativistic affect due to the acceleration.

Man of Honour
Gilly said:
The Canaries were not named after a bird, they were named after packs of large wild dogs that used to roam modern day Gran Canaria. The bird was actually named after the islands.

I knew that and obviously like you I've done the coach tours around the Canaries.
You should also know that Canary Wharf was named because of the bananas that were exported from the Canaries and they can't export them now because the bananas are too small.
I love coach tours.

Arsenals ground is called Arsenal Stadium and not bloody Hillsborough - FACT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom