ITX components need updating

Soldato
Guys, i put together a list of items for an ITX build quite some time ago but didnt get round to buying / building it.

Here is the old spec i had in mind:

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G VEGA Graphics AM4 CPU w/ Wraith Stealth Cooler
AMD B450 I AORUS PRO ac WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair 16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz RAM/Memory Kit 2x 8GB
Intel 660p 512GB M.2 PCIe QLC 3D Performance NVMe SSD/Solid State Drive
EVGA GM 550 Watt 80+ Gold SFX PSU/Power Supply fully modular

I am assuming some better choices are out there? Mobo etc?

I dont want a separate GPU as i prefer onboard GPU as i dont game much these days on a PC but still interested in the best CPU with integrated GPU.

I already have an ITX case, keyboard etc.

Any advice on newer/ better components? Budget, around £500 or so.

Soldato
CPU could change to a 3400G but the difference isn't so great.
I'd hold off on buying anything until the 7nm APUs are out at retail. At the moment they are just going to OEMs. :(
You'd want to be pairing faster memory with them also, 2400MHz is very slow.

Soldato
OP
CPU could change to a 3400G but the difference isn't so great.
I'd hold off on buying anything until the 7nm APUs are out at retail. At the moment they are just going to OEMs. :(
You'd want to be pairing faster memory with them also, 2400MHz is very slow.

I guess 3400G is newer so worth doing.

What about a compatible motherboard?

What ram would you suggest?

Thanks

Soldato
The same motherboard would be fine. The difference between 2400G and 3400G is not much at all.
Not sure on memory, I'd be looking at 3000MHz or above though, of any reputable brand. I'm not sure the price difference is very high, bit jumps around all the time.

Do you need to build now? The 7nm 4000 series APUs will be a decent boost in performance. 3000 series APUs are not Zen2 like the normal CPUs.

Soldato
OP
The same motherboard would be fine. The difference between 2400G and 3400G is not much at all.
Not sure on memory, I'd be looking at 3000MHz or above though, of any reputable brand. I'm not sure the price difference is very high, bit jumps around all the time.

Do you need to build now? The 7nm 4000 series APUs will be a decent boost in performance. 3000 series APUs are not Zen2 like the normal CPUs.

Dont know anything about the 4000 series.

Soldato
I'd just buy the cheapest 16gb 3200MHz they have.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...-3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-grey-my-0ak-tg.html
Could go 3600MHz memory, but the price jumps somewhat and it's diminishing returns.

If you have to buy now, then the 3400G is still good.
It's annoying that AMD have only put the 4000 series to OEMs at the moment. They really do look a good bit faster, with slightly more capable integrated iGPUs.

What case will it be going into?

Soldato
OP
I'd just buy the cheapest 16gb 3200MHz they have.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...-3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-grey-my-0ak-tg.html
Could go 3600MHz memory, but the price jumps somewhat and it's diminishing returns.

If you have to buy now, then the 3400G is still good.
It's annoying that AMD have only put the 4000 series to OEMs at the moment. They really do look a good bit faster, with slightly more capable integrated iGPUs.

What case will it be going into?

I thought that Ryzen were fussy on memory?

The case will be an NZXT ITX one

Back
Top Bottom