1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been conned on eBay ! :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stephen7372, 31 Jan 2006.

1. Stephen7372

PermaBanned

2. Nix

Capodecina

Talk to eBay.

3. Kell_ee001

Capodecina

The one you link to does state that it's for information only.

However, if the one you bidded on was removed you should be able to get your money back.

Talk to eBay, and good luck :)

4. gib786

Banned

Ouch, if you want just the one sim holla at me: gib786@hotmail an i'll send u one for free

5. PinkPig

Mobster

'Tis ridiculous if anyone manages to get away with that sort of sale, it's deliberately misleading. The link is just http://shop.o2.co.uk/student, not really worth spending £12 on!

6. steinooo

Mobster

I'm sure auctions which just link to information aren't allowed on eBay.

If I were you complain to both eBay and PayPal.

7. Morba

Caporegime

99.9% of information can be found by a quick google. why pay for it :/

8. steinooo

Mobster

morba - he didn't realise he was bidding on an information link, which I can agree isn't completely obvious from the listing.

I'd be interested to see how the OP gets on with this.

9. scouse

Hitman

If its exactly the same description as the one you bidded on, I dont know if you'll have an y luck getting your money back. The seller states its for information only.

Guess you'll know to read it a bit better next time, there's so many of these auctions going around.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

10. FeFiDoh

Sgarrista

if u want some sims i got a few lol i managed to flog em off to some m8s for between 5-10quid each rofl

11. afraser2k

Sgarrista

It depends on the terms of the item you actually bid on. If it is similar to the one shown then technically it isn't fraud as under the advertising he has put:

I'm afraid there's not much eBay will do. Unfortunately it seems to be getting fairly common on that site.

12. Morba

Caporegime

it clearly says that its a link and the information is available for free if you look hard enough.

13. Sanzy

Banned

:rolleyes: read before you buy

14. Reesy

PermaBanned

Should have read the entire listing, you will learn your lesson next time.

15. Dougsnake

Mobster

Hmms reminds me of a link my mate sent me for a sony viao laptop,which at first look,looked like a bargain then in the small print just said its for information where to buy only.
    some poor geezer had bid £380 :eek: on it!

so basically the up shot is always read stuff carefully on ebay always some **** trying to rip people off :(

16. ojo

PermaBanned

Wow, I bet you have a lot of friends!

17. M0T

Mobster

Oxymoron?

The problem with auctions like that is that yes it does state it, but the rest of the auction is convicing you that its the real object. Auctions like that should be banned because they are so misleading.

18. Sanzy

Banned

yes but you should read it all anyway , what if theres a auction saying

pc for sale

amd 64 3000
    1gb ram
    80gb hdd
    ect

upon reading that you decide to click the buy it now of £200...
    later to read on and find it says

* please note *
    that this item is sold as faulty and does not work please keep this in mind before bidding.

now if you would of read it all you would of not bid , which is the same to the OP it is not there fault if you cant be bothered to read the whole description

19. trojan698

Soldato

True, the entire build up completely suggests you are actually buying the sims. unfortunately, with it being such a long listing, I doubt many people have the patience to actually read the whole thing. He goes on for four paragraphs just telling you about the deal you get on the sim cards.

If the world were just, you'd get your money back. But it isn't, so I doubt you will. I'm rooting for you though, good luck.

20. trojan698

Soldato

The crucial difference here however, is that the auction is explicitly designed to deceive people. I mean, why rattle on for so long? and why stress (twice) that non-paying bidders will be reported and follow it with a threat of ebay account deletion. (is that a word?) and somewhere in the fine print between reported to ebay and reported to ebay, you'll find "information only". He obviously had run ins with ebay and non-paying bidders before.

anyways..