ive doen it ! i kicked my CSS adiction

Associate
I think the main point we all keep coming back to is that we all like playing games. The feeling we get from the game is more rewarding and easier to attain in some cases than in other areas of your life, and that's what makes it hard to go without. It's termed an addiction when you need a certain stumuli (firstly)to be able to feel normal.

One thing to think about is (as reminded to me just now :rolleyes: ) that as an adult you have responsibilities and if one activity takes precedence or supercedes this, to the detrement of everything else, then it's worth looking at as a problem to tackle.

Just look at it as a technical task, a problem to solve. Then look at the triggers in your life that make you want to play, the times you play, for example. Perhaps you have free time so you immediately want to play, well you know thats a danger, so instead go for a run, or engage a friend, or write a list of things that need doing and start on the first one every time you feel like playing. (cross them off as you complete them also) You see things getting done and your also unlearning this behaviour/reward system.

It's how I am tackling this, and although the running in this english weather is getting to me, I figure that I'm going to be one fit fella! :p

Really interesting post - glad I could say my bit mate and hope you win the war

Last edited:
Soldato
shrek2 said:
Try the original call of duty. Multiplayer on that is great.

Rifles only COD1 is where it's at. Spent about 6 months last year playing on one map, one game type, with one weapon - Harbour S&D with the Kar98:). Damn that was so good... :)

Soldato
yep, i've gone back to css again, (had to sell the pc off for a few months to re-coup cash and well now i've got a job) and its a all good ;)
it isnt about the levels in css or the guns really, its about the fun you have when nades are thrown wrong, or perhaps someone falls tryin to kill you, those are the good things about it, also the tactics if the team works together.
as for people that didnt get on with it because they get owned, they ovbiously aint cut out for the game, unless they play it offline with bots and get used to the areas, and IF that still doesnt help, i suggest un-installing ;)

Soldato
always found it easy to pick up and play, i little love affairs with cs evey few months
currently in my fav games at moment

Permabanned
I liked the banter on css, last night some guy goes "I love getting f lashed", I replied "by old men"...its those little in game things that are funny and kids claiming their clan is uber and better and them gettng narky down the mics lol.

I like a server where its fun play am not into serious gamming of clans and competitions...takes the edge of gameplay away.

Back
Top Bottom