• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ive forgoten how pcs fit together :p

Associate
hi guys. its been ages since ive messed around with my pc. so long ive forgoten what motherboard i have and all the technical stuff. anyway i think i need to replace my CPU. i have a phenom II 720 black edition (2.8x3). is this a decent CPU still? how do i know what other CPU's my motherboard will take? thanks

Soldato
If it's AM3 it should take any modern AMD CPU with a BIOS update. There's not a lot wrong with your current processor though, so it might be worth sitting tight till you are ready to do a full upgrade. Maybe spend the money on a graphics update instead?

Associate
OP
ok cool. i was spured on to do an upgrade by the fact i cant play the new combat missions game. but it turns out the game is broken, not my PC. my graphics card isnt great (4790 1gb i think, not 100% sure) and is slowly artifacting to death, so i might as well hang on to it untill it dies :D. thanks guys, i appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom