• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ivy vs Zambezi vs Vishera (i5 3570K vs FX-8120 vs FX-8320)

Associate
Hello all!

I am blogger Fr4nc. I decided to test i5 3570K, FX-8120 and FX-8320!
And all 3 processors at 3.4GHz and 4.5GHz - so clock to clock comparisons.
all3.jpg

In 31 test (so complete 62 comparisons)!

If you like and support my work - you can buy me a coffee (donate button is under "What is all about and why?").

Olders posts on my blog:
re5_long.png

re5_short.pngw=497

passmark_score.png

cpu_mark.png

More you can find on my blog!

Greetings,
your blogger Fr4nc

Associate
real life gaming test, bring it on

performance test 7.0 - passmark score

normal mode none overclocked bundle 3.5 / 4527 - overclocked 4.2 / 4891

cpu mark normal mode none overclocked bundle 3.5 9118 / overclocked 4.2 10199

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-142-OE&groupid=43&catid=2384&subcat=2288

had a i5 3570k and upgraded to above, anyone who says games wont see a difference with a i7 doesn't play games.

built a AMD Piledriver FX-8 Eight Core 8350 Black Edition 4.00GHz for a friend, will benchmark that as it's great in games also

i'd be happy with either a i7 or a 8350 in a gaming rig, both rock for games, let no one tell you other wise, real life tests inc games :)

keep on the good work, but it's not a war, as without amd we would all be paying more.

Last edited:
Associate
as are most benchmarks tbh, they only show what the sites want you to see, thats why each set are different depending on there slant / points of views etc

Associate
OP
All these benches are pretty meaningless. The games tests are all GPU limited, so don't really give any useful insight. The sythetic stuff is also pretty useless.

Yes they are GPU limited- that is because I do not have money to buy better card :...
Not really... because people in my country think that i5 or i7 is a must for gaming - they do not know that AMD even exist... so I am showing them, that AMD is not really bad option and in a way is a better one.

You have to know that AMD is an option, because without it prices of Intel CPUs would go straight to heaven.
BTW: I am not AMD fan if anybody think so...I just want to share the truth!

Greetings,
your blogger Fr4nc

Soldato
yep as you have confirmed these are heavily biased results from an amd fanboi.

if u dont have a faster gpu then you could easily lower the settings and get some meaningful reults, but i guess those results would not be what you wanted to see.

throw in some power consumption tests too but they wont make you happy.

Caporegime
All these benches are pretty meaningless. The games tests are all GPU limited, so don't really give any useful insight. The sythetic stuff is also pretty useless.

tbh its true

who plays res evil 5 daily :D

bench games that matter ffs :p

bf3 , skyrim ,wow, arma 2 (arma 3 based on similar engine ) project cars, starcraft 2 ,

games like that mean something

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
yep as you have confirmed these are heavily biased results from an amd fanboi.

if u dont have a faster gpu then you could easily lower the settings and get some meaningful reults, but i guess those results would not be what you wanted to see.

throw in some power consumption tests too but they wont make you happy.

If the OP can't afford a better VC then one has to assume he can't afford large electrity bills either.
That would rule out the BD and PD.

Seems the OP only wants to show GPU limited results.

Soldato
Associate
The intel are by far the best in games :)

Recommending AMD processor for games is sad :(

The difference in performance is massive and AMD can't do games simple.

i5 3570k and 8350 cost the same but intel gets a good 10 frames more on nearly every game and uses half the power.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/11/06/amd-fx-8350-review/6

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-performance-comparison,3370-16.html

http://techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/8

Smells like trash talk to me.

Associate
i got more than 10fps going from a i5 to a i7, but most of you say the i7 isn't worth having for games and only cost £80 more.

so it's a matter of choice.

amd are very good chip makers and so are intel, why keep going on about the same stuff.

marmite i say, you either love it or hate it.

i'll have anything thats quick and plays games well, so will have both or either as long as its quad, fits my amd card in it and is stable

Caporegime
i got more than 10fps going from a i5 to a i7, but most of you say the i7 isn't worth having for games and only cost £80 more.
Which games were they? I went from a hyperthreaded i7 920 @4.2ghz to the i5 3570k in sig. Mainly play fps such as bf3 and the moh series. Havent noticed any difference in those. Though ive seen some users report slight improvements with the 3770k over the 3570k, particularly in bf3. But they were playing at very high res with multiple gpu's.

Associate
most of the time i play the total war series, like empire etc

but i do like a few others, farcry3 and Crysis 2, Shogun 2, metro 2033, Bad Company 2 etc

there are a few others, but tbh most time spent is on total war, any of them, i keep going from one to another, new rig just been built, now waiting for rome2 to come out.

got about as much going from i5 to i7 as i did from a 7850 to a 7870, i'd love a 7990 but have far too many holidays so unless go away less next year, can't see it happening any time soon, unless rome 2 needs more power, then i'll get one :)

old and sad, quite old and very very sad :)

Back
Top Bottom