Jade dies

Man of Honour
My thoughts are with her children.

My thoughts have been with her children for a long time, hopefully they may be allowed to return to some semblance of normality rather than being used for publicity points now.

It's very sad that she's died, but the effect of losing their mother is going to have been magnified by the way it's been handled for those poor children.

Soldato
Strange, I felt sympathy for the kids when she was healthy as well.

It isn't strictly true that nobody deserves cancer but she certainly didn't, she was dumb and irritating but ultimately she wasn't an evil person and was harmless if you chose to ignore her.

We don't speak ill of the dead.

And we often speak ill of the dead, not sure where you got that idea from:confused:

Last edited:

M31

M31

Permabanned
And we often speak ill of the dead, not sure where you got that idea from:confused:

Who's we?

I found her irritating in RL too, but as you say, she was harmless.

I guessed when I saw this thread, it would start in a bickering or chavish way sooner or later :(

Not aimed at you, Sweetloaf.

Soldato
True, but there's a time and a place.

True but I see Jono's point, if people feel genuine sympathy then fair enough but many people will feel nothing. There will be jokes about her surfacing pretty damn quickly I would imagine.

Anyway, I'm not here to antagonize, hypocrites just get under my skin more than they probably should.

Who's we?

It was a very sweeping statement saying that we didn't speak ill of the dead, many people here speak ill of the dead, many dead deserve it. I highly doubt that many on this forum feel genuinely sad about her demise beyond a mere "that's a shame" sentiment.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol?

oh wait, we all like her now don't we...

i dont think this thread is about liking her or disliking her

this thread is about recognizing that someone has passed on from this earth and left a family behind who will be devastated.

my thoughts are for her family

Man of Honour
Who's we?

Well, to be fair, I would wager you probably speak ill of Saddam, Hitler and quite possibly a huge number of other dead people. As does absolutely every human on the planet, everyone does indeed speak ill of the dead, but usually its only the ones who it is deemed "acceptable".

I have no problems with someone speaking ill of a dead person, as long as that was truly their opinion of the person and they arent just saying it to get a rise out of people.

Terrible day for her to go, Mothers day :( Cant help but feel so much for not only her own children, but also her own mother on this of all days. Lets hope the media gives her family room to mourn now, though knowing the media I doubt it.

Caporegime
My comment was something of a sweeping generalisation, but it was - as has been said - making the point that no matter how much she irritated you in life, now is not the time to dwell on that.

Associate
I never really liked her, however NO ONE deserves this fate. No one.

I'm glad she has found peace from the past few months of pain. I feel sorry for the kids - growing up without a parent is hard, especially at that age.

RIP.

Back
Top Bottom