Jade dies

Soldato
it's never nice but in spite of people disliking her so much i had a certain respect for her choosing to do deals just for her kids lives.

i didn't like her but i respected her choices snd i can't knock her.

Godfather
Godfather
Jade Goody was a contraversial character and a lot of people didn't particularly warm to her.

However, taking the personality out of the situation, a 27 year old mother has died of cancer, and that's very sad for the family that's left behind.

I truly hope a cure for this horrible disease is found soon.

Soldato
Jade Goody was a contraversial character and a lot of people didn't particularly warm to her.

However, taking the personality out of the situation, a 27 year old mother has died of cancer, and that's very sad for the family that's left behind.

I truly hope a cure for this horrible disease is found soon.

I agree with this entirely. Well said.

Permabanned
Max Clifford must have made a fortune from all this.. </cynic>

Very sad, but then a lot of people go through the same thing. At least I can buy newspapers again now :)

Soldato
If the press is anything to go by, this is seemingly the most significant event since Christ died. Of course it's sad news (cancer is a horrible disease, and kids have lost a mother here), but the amount of air time she's getting, along with the martyr image, it's basically just a poor reflection on society more than anything else... IMHO.

Soldato
Thinking about the whole Mothers Day thing as strange as it seems it's probably not the worse day for her to die. Once time passes and the kids grow up a little it's probably a fitting day to remember her on and one less day for them to be heavily reminded (as in a seperate Mothers Day to remind them they don't have a mum and a another day to mark her death).

But either way it still sucks for her and her family.

Soldato
Its sad not because of who she is, its sad because she's a loving mother and she's left a family behind. That's really it.. strip away all the reality tv stuff that is very much of our time and that's your story. A mother dies distressingly early on in her life.

Maybe I'm being a bit too sunday morning reflective but there's something almost organic about the death of that sort of celebrity with things being as they are in the world at the moment, Jade came to fame as the world started to go that little bit crazier and its all gone wrong for her at the same time as many of the rest of us and just like in life her death has been so exaggerated/focussed on/reported on etc etc. Dunno.. its weird.

Anyway, RIP, I think she's been amazingly strong, if i knew I was going to die and never see my kids grow up I'd be a wreck.

And I'm already 5 years older than she was and I'm just starting to think about making myself a bit healthier.. throws that into sharp focus too.

And for some of the posts on here, you do know just because you have an opinion you don't have to share it? Have some respect and dignity like Jade found for however brief a moment at the end of her crazy life.

Soldato
We don't speak ill of the dead.

Besides, even if you don't like her, it's not funny when anyone dies, and certainly not in such a drawn out fashion.

Go troll somewhere else.

Funny != couldn't care less.

i dont think this thread is about liking her or disliking her

this thread is about recognizing that someone has passed on from this earth and left a family behind who will be devastated.

my thoughts are for her family

Can we please have a special thread for everyone that passes on from this Earth then? Oh wait, that's right, we can't, because thousands of people all equally significant (if not more) die everyday and it'd be impossible to have a post for every single one. Silly me.

Last edited:
Funny != couldn't care less.

Can we please have a special thread for everyone that passes on from this Earth then? Oh wait, that's right, we can't, because thousands of people all equally significant (if not more) die everyday and it'd be impossible to have a post for every single one. Silly me.

And can we also have a special thread for idiots that have no respect..., if you "couldn't care less." then **** off from this thread and go about not caring about stuff somewhere else. Please.

Edit -

I'm sorry for being rude but there's just no need for you to come in and post in here if that's the way you feel.

Last edited:
Soldato
The pictures of her Mum and her friend Kevin following the private ambulance out of the house before her Mum kissed the air and waved bye bye had me close to tears because I remember following the ambulance that came to collect my Grandad just over a year ago, down his road. :(

Back
Top Bottom