1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

James Buckley to play teenage Del Boy

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by CliffyBiro, 2 Oct 2009.

1. CliffyBiro

Caporegime

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/comedy/2009/10/inbetweeners-james-buckley-teenage-del-boy.shtml

FFS. :(

2. meghatronic

Capodecina

I don't even know who he is but he looks like a douche bag.

3. gillywibble

Capo Crimine

Epic fail.

4. Proc

Wise Guy

Will almost certainly be shocking, but i'll watch it just to see what its like. Absolute tosh probably. :(

5. atpbx

Capodecina

I cannot understand the love affair the british population has with only fools and horses.
    It has a handful, JUST a handful of funny moments from its many, many series.
    Yet people lapped it up.

6. simisker

Mobster

It's because it transcended being 'just' a sitcom thanks to John Sullivan's scripts, and the flawless acting of pretty much everyone in front of the cameras. David Jason, in his usual brilliant way, pulled so much warmth from a character that would have been a two-dimensional hapless wide-boy in the hands of pretty much anyone else.

Speaking of which - just a handful?! Del falling through the bar top, The chandeliers, the hang-glider, the beardy French village, the weeping statue of the Virgin Mary, the glowing spring water, the strippergram policewoman, the self-inflating love-dolls, the supermarket hostages, the luminous statue and the rare butterfly [same episode?] the gold chain scam, Boycie's adopted son, the auction room, batman and robin, the re-directed aeroplanes, the screaming reliant robin chase, the seance above the Nag's Head... that's more than your two hands right there, and I could go on.

Don't confuse over-shown with unfunny ;)

Having said all that, OFAH should have ended with the watch episode - the three following episodes were ill-advised, and I reckon this'll be exactly the same, sadly. But I welcome another dip into the OFAH world, so I'll be watching it anyway.

7. atpbx

Capodecina

Unfunny.
    Never found it funny, and Comedy is one of my favorite forms of entertainment, I love comedy, I adore comedy.
    Only Fools and Horses, not funny.
    David Jason, brilliant actor, just not funny in only Fools and Horses.

8. Tom0

Sgarrista

:mad:.

9. simisker

Mobster

Hah - I bet comedy is one of my more favoriter forms of entertainment than yours! I'll wager you didn't sell your soul to the devil three hundred years ago just to gain the immortality required to watch all three series of ITV's Full House like I did. Now that's loving comedy.

Nah, fair enough - we're all tickled by different things. I'm sure there are many people who think Little Britain and The Catherine Tate Show are the height of comedy, and who am I to tell them they're wrong?

EDIT: Tom0 - yeah, you would say that :D Is your sig taken from the poker game episode?

Last edited: 2 Oct 2009
  10. Gerard

Caporegime

I find it weird that lyndhurst is so keen to do the freddie the frog role, last i heard they were trying to make some new episodes of only fools and the sticking point was he didn't want to be in it anymore. :confused:

11. meghatronic

Capodecina

What do you find funny, out of interest?

12. Simi

Mobster

He doesn't look like a young del-boy!
    Good grief, Trevor McDonald would be a better fit than that arrogant looking ****

It's Minder all over again!

13. arknor

Caporegime

probably the same casting person who chose the new drwho :rolleyes:

14. DanMc07

Mobster

Del falling through the bar.... My god that had me in stitches for about 10minutes! :D

15. Dark_Angel

Capodecina

Don't even know who he is... sounds like I don't wanna either....

16. atpbx

Capodecina

Well, things that are funny for a start.

17. CliffyBiro

Caporegime

Not yourself then? ;)

18. DanMc07

Mobster

:D:D

19. strang3r

Hitman

20. Sinny

Sgarrista

Steward lee is awesome, especially him remarking on william wallace "Braveheart" :D.

in all honesty, No one can replace david jason, it's like nobody can replace John cleese from MP, it just wont work. However I'll watch it and just get into the mindset where I might be able to enjoy it.

Instead of extending old classics, cant they invent new ones?