James’s Epic Build (Log) ft. Singularity Computer Spectre Case

Associate
Log Summary

Post 1 - General Summary of My Build Goal and Me Rambling
Post 2 - Complete listing of Parts and Tools (Reviews of parts in process)
Post 3 - Videos
Post 4 - Final Photos (Build not complete)

Hey all. I have been building PCs for about 20 years now. My builds have always been “best bang for your buck” builds with zero thought for looks other then trying to get a cool looking case. Over the summer, I was up for a new machine and decided to go big with a 1080ti and settled on the EVGA SC2 version. I quickly learned that graphics cards run a lot hotter and louder than before and really didn’t like the hover noise that they make when gaming. So, to find a quieter solution, I picked up one of EVGA’s hybrids and fell in love with the cool quiet running of water cooling . . . and I was bit by the water bug. While researching these I was exposed to the amazing custom watercooling culture and I am hooked. I both loved the beautiful machines that I saw as well as the the posts and videos that folks made while building them.

So, I decided to do the same. I want to build a beautiful monster gaming PC and I want to document my process to share with others to give back for all the great builds I got to enjoy seeing built. I will do that through photos (photography is a hobby) and through videos.

Some fun facts. I have never done a water loop before (and going to go with glass tubing), I have never done custom cables before, and I have never documented a process or shoot video before other than an iphone (focusing sucks on my canon 6d from what I can tell). So, I will be sharing my experiences with all of this as well. I hope to use this thread to document all parts, the process, and the results. I hope to add a post every few days as I work through the process. I am a public accountant and on the tail end of my busy season so please forgive my slower posts.

I am actually pretty far along with the getting parts process but I am missing my case, which is quoted at 4 weeks out. The computer is currently up and running as I wanted to ensure everything was stable before adding a water loop to it. Currently dealing with some BSOD with lightroom, ugh. But ideally it needs to be 100% before the waterloop goes on.

pownFDwgj

Still working on the color Combos
pm4V0Etmj

pn3xNiMfj

Only metal fans I could find.
pn2j8y2Fj

pnDtfhNnj

Sucks pretty lights :D
po2DlLVHj

Glad I got these monsters at MSRP
pnUgx617j

I hope every enjoys.

Cheers,

James

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Here is a complete listing of parts so far. One of my pet peeves when looking up parts was folks not including what goes into the build. So, I tried to include everything including the kitchen sink.

If you can't find any of these parts here https://www.overclockers.co.uk/, pm and I can give you more details if you want to know exactly the part youre looking for.

Computer Hardware

CPU: Intel Core i7-7820X Processor
Motherboard: Asus Rampage VI Extreme
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3000MHz 8x8gigs
GPU Waterblock: EKWB, Nickel
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 HYBRID
HD: Samsung 960 Evo m.2 500GB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Monitors
Asus PG27UQ - 4k, 144hz, HDR, IPS
Asus PB277 - 2k, 75hz.

Keyboard and Mouse

Logitech 810 Spectrium
Logitech 903
Logitech Powerplay

Water Cooling
CPU Water Block: Heatkiller IV Pro
GPU Cover: EKWB EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, Nickel
Radiator 1: Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360mm
Radiator 2: Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper X-Flow 360mm
Fans: 3x InWin Polaris RGB Aluminum Twin Pack Fan Kit
Glass Tubing: 3 x Alphacool HardTube 16/11mm Borosilicate Glass - 60cm
Pump: Aquacomputer D5 Pump Motor with PWM Input and Speed Signal.
Fluid: TBD

Fittings, all in Black Sparkling
50 x Bitspower G1/4" to Enhance Multi-Link Fitting for 16mm OD Rigid Tubing
14 x Bitspower 90-Degree With Dual Inner G1/4" Extender
5 x Bitspower G1/4" Male to Female Extender Fitting, 90° Rotary
3 x Bitspower G 1/4" Dual Rotary 90 Degree IG 1/4" Adapter
12 x Bitspower Premium G1/4" Stop Fitting
1 x Bitspower Dual IG1/4" Black Sparkle Triple Rotary Snake-Style Adapter
2 x Bitspower Black Sparkle Dual Rotary Mini Valve With G1/4" Extender

Custom Sleeving
MDPC-X Small XTC Sleeve - Lambo-Greeny, Blackest-Black, Shade-19, and Platinum-Grey
Wire: M1 Custom 2.4mm OD Black and White 16AWG
Cable Combs: OverkillPC's Knuckle Combs - 24pin x 5
OverkillPC's Knuckle Combs - 16pin x 10
OverkillPC's Knuckle Combs - 14pin x 5

Connectors and pins

Female ATX Terminal x200, 24pin ATX Female Connector x 1, 8pin EPS Female Connector x 3, 4pin EPS Female Connector x 1, 18pin Female Connector x 1, 10pin Female Connector x1, 6pin AUX Female Connector x2, 8pin PCI-E Female Connector x8, 4pin Power Female Connector x1, 4pin Power Male Connector x2, Sata Power Crimp Style Connector x1, Sata Power Push-In Style Connector x1, Sata Power Push-In Style End Cap x1

Water Cooling Tools:
Dremel 200-1/15 Two-Speed Rotary Tool Kit
Dremel Wheel
Sandpaper
Glass Cutter
Gloves

Cable Sleeving Tools:
Molex Pin Remover
Heat Gun
MultiMeter
Wire Crimpers
Wire Strippers

Other
Brushed Metal Vynl Wrap

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Last edited:
Associate
OP
It will be fascinating to see the build develop in this new case. Looking forward to see it grow.

Thanks.

Post 2 updated with all the parts to date.

Also still working on color combos. I didnt want to go heavy on color and greens my favorite. Was thinking only green accents but also thinking only going color with the fluids so I can switch it up. I dont know. Still deciding. Opinions?

WEId8j.jpg
gWcNlf.jpg
zEqIzZ.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
First pic with the green and grey :)

Had never heard of that case manufacturer before but looks very interesting, will definitely be keeping my eye on this one :)

Associate
OP
I like the first pic with the grey and green
First pic with the green and grey :)

Had never heard of that case manufacturer before but looks very interesting, will definitely be keeping my eye on this one :)

Thanks. Yea, this is their first case. Singularity computers is a custom pc builder in Australia that has a variety of watercooling components , this is their first time with a case though. What's unusual is that its being produced in the US. So, not sure how much on hands efforts were completed by them.

Associate
OP
When I bought the cards in December I was just learning about water cooling and custom loops. The hybrid card was only $50 more and I trusted and wanted a cooler/queiter set up and the hybrids made sense. I didn’t trust myself to do a custom loop but running the aoi and reading a lot made me feel more comfortable trying it.

Only a month later did I decide to go a custom loop.

Soldato
When I bought the cards in December I was just learning about water cooling and custom loops. The hybrid card was only $50 more and I trusted and wanted a cooler/queiter set up and the hybrids made sense. I didn’t trust myself to do a custom loop but running the aoi and reading a lot made me feel more comfortable trying it.

Only a month later did I decide to go a custom loop.

shame just out of step - up program ? if they still do it - just switch to they hydro copper

Back
Top Bottom