Japan in Neon

Soldato
Those are some genuinely stunning images.

In fact, do you have anywhere where somebody could buy prints of various sizes? Some of these would look fantastic on the wall in my hobby room.

Soldato
Fantastic photos. Hey Raymond you posted a nice photo yesterday evening on another forum of a man looking down and cooking at his grill, a couple of banners hanging down in the foreground and some women eating and drinking on the right. I just wondered how you get that sort of almost misty almost kind of faded tone to it if that makes any sense. Is it contrast adjustment?

Caporegime
OP
Those are some genuinely stunning images.

In fact, do you have anywhere where somebody could buy prints of various sizes? Some of these would look fantastic on the wall in my hobby room.

Thanks, I don't actually have them posted for purchase anywhere, I guess I could open a section on my website with a shopping cart but I have never sold my travel photo. But I guess if you like a print drop me an email and we can sort something out.

Fantastic photos. Hey Raymond you posted a nice photo yesterday evening on another forum of a man looking down and cooking at his grill, a couple of banners hanging down in the foreground and some women eating and drinking on the right. I just wondered how you get that sort of almost misty almost kind of faded tone to it if that makes any sense. Is it contrast adjustment?

This one.

dM94a1H.jpg

Sometimes I get bored and I play around with the sliders in LR, I made one ages ago and I called it "Washed" and this was it. I have never used it before because it's pretty much a tone complete opposite of my usual wedding processing. It's tone curve raised and desaturate mostly. I am not at my Mac at the moment but I can find out more later.

There was also this one I shot in the same alley.

YPLJCkR.jpg

Soldato
Thanks, I don't actually have them posted for purchase anywhere, I guess I could open a section on my website with a shopping cart but I have never sold my travel photo. But I guess if you like a print drop me an email and we can sort something out.

I actually looked your website up and was surprised you didn't have a section where people could buy your travel snaps. Some of them are absolutely fantastic, you could even streamline the process with a third party doing the work for you.

I get paid this Friday and I am very, very interested in some prints.

Love those two shots above too, there's something that just clicks for me when you see people caught in time in these amazing locations.

Caporegime
OP
I actually looked your website up and was surprised you didn't have a section where people could buy your travel snaps. Some of them are absolutely fantastic, you could even streamline the process with a third party doing the work for you.

I get paid this Friday and I am very, very interested in some prints.

Love those two shots above too, there's something that just clicks for me when you see people caught in time in these amazing locations.

I never really thought about it, I started taking them for me when I did my annual HK trip but last few years I have been going to Japan instead with Europe thrown into the mix. I've always wanted to make a personal travel book but never thought about selling prints, I could look into a 3rd party option as that would be simpler on both the admin and money handling side.

But if you like to, drop me an email, we can work out cost to get it print from a printer of your choice and will be transparent on cost.

Soldato
I never really thought about it, I started taking them for me when I did my annual HK trip but last few years I have been going to Japan instead with Europe thrown into the mix. I've always wanted to make a personal travel book but never thought about selling prints, I could look into a 3rd party option as that would be simpler on both the admin and money handling side.

But if you like to, drop me an email, we can work out cost to get it print from a printer of your choice and will be transparent on cost.

Much appreciated, I most likely will take you up on that.

I would hugely recommend looking at making your snaps available for purchase though, it'd be a healthy bonus income I imagine.

Soldato

This one.

dM94a1H.jpg

Sometimes I get bored and I play around with the sliders in LR, I made one ages ago and I called it "Washed" and this was it. I have never used it before because it's pretty much a tone complete opposite of my usual wedding processing. It's tone curve raised and desaturate mostly. I am not at my Mac at the moment but I can find out more later.

There was also this one I shot in the same alley.

YPLJCkR.jpg

That's the one. And the second is good too. Ah, tone curve and desaturation. Yeah, as I get more into looking at youtube photography videos and people's photos, I've started to notice that sort of effect. It gives photos such a professional and interesting look.

Caporegime
OP
That's the one. And the second is good too. Ah, tone curve and desaturation. Yeah, as I get more into looking at youtube photography videos and people's photos, I've started to notice that sort of effect. It gives photos such a professional and interesting look.

One thing you should know is that it is one thing to make it look nice but also know what processing work best for what photo. The neon photos doesn't work for photos taken in daylight for example. Sometimes I create a new preset because I took a photo and none of my current processing works, something inside me tells me it needs something different. So I make them, save them and later on it might be used again.

Caporegime
OP
Because everyone speaks English? Or because you don't expect me to want to talk to anyone? :D

Everyone in Japan learn English in school, so they can speak broken English. You can say simple words “toilet?” Will get you direction to the toilet. Saying “could you tell me where the bathroom is?” Will get you a confused look.

Of course, learning how to say it in Japanese, no matter how small will go a LONG way but I got away with hello, morning, evening, excuse me. I got through the whole week in Korea with just hello/bye and thank you.

Back
Top Bottom