1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japan v Scotland

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by big_white_dog84, 13 May 2006.

1. big_white_dog84

Wise Guy

Both teams are missing a lot of first team players (Celtic refused to release their players so they could play a couple of testimonials instead :rolleyes: ).

0-0 at half time. Scotland haven't showed much threat, but they have defended solidly. I think McFadden and one other off, Boyd and Burke on to break down the Japs.

As long as we don't lose by 3 goals we win the 'Kirrin Cup' :D

2. big_white_dog84

Wise Guy

0-0 full time. Good performance from Scotland - pity we didn't show a bit more spark up front but to draw away against a world-cup bound team shows we are on our way back up.

3. Arc

Wise Guy

Yeah, considering the side is missing Ferguson and we didnt have McFadden and Boyd up front at the same time it wasnt too bad. We have a decent crop of young players at the mo, things are looking up (just a shame about the group we have got for Euro 2008 :D ).

4. Vipernet

Mobster

superb result for us. Hopefully we can carry it forward to the euro qualifiers.

5. iGiDK

Hitman

It wasn't pretty at times but I think that was a great result considering the humidity & also they were playing Bulgaria 2 days ago

Seems to be a feel-good-factor about the Scotland camp these days, it's good to see. We know our limitations as a nation but Walter's got us well-organised

6. big_white_dog84

Wise Guy

Definitely looking good for the future.

Players missing that would have walked into today's team:

Gordon
    Hartley
    Pressley
    Maloney
    Ferguson

And probably some others I can't think of.

I think Euro 2008 will come a wee bit too soon for us but with this crop of players and a few more promising youngsters (Stevie Smith and Alan Hutton at LB and RB for example) we stand a good chance of making it to the world cup in 2010.

7. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

Webster without a shadow of a doubt but then he doesn't even get a game for Hearts due to Romanov being a pillock :o Calum Eliot also offers good potential if he keeps progressing.

Good result overall and nice to pick up some silverware no matter how insignificant in the scheme of things :)

8. Snash

Mobster

I have a good feeling that for once in the best part of 30 years we at long last have some good players. Might not come through for Euro 2008 but maybe World Cup 2010 (where is it?).