Jay's Story and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Crikey talk about it never rains but it pours!

Glad to hear Jay is going great guns! And bad luck to your brother :( He's alive though which is a heck of a lot better than it might have been!

Man of Honour
It's amazing how chatting to a broad range of people online can really help you release your fear/apprehension or if anything give you that reassurance you need. I have experienced similar strifes in my life with family and friends and loved ones so I can sympathise with how you feel, and I think the same goes for a lot of people here. Please keep us informed and I hope that Jay gets better/stronger soon. Similarly with your brother - I ride a bike and I can only shudder with fear at what he and you all must be going through.

Take care my thoughts are with you :)

Will

Associate
I remember reading about Jay when you first posted about his leukemia. As a father of two 7 year olds, it always brings a tear to my eye to hear of things like this.

Dead Dog, you have my upmost sympathy with all that you are having thrown at you at the moment, and my upmost respect with the way you are dealing with these.

I truly hope that Jay continues to make great progress and that you brother will be okay. I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

Soldato
OP
jay and mum are back home now, they've started jay on a course of antibiotics, he was complaining a bit yestaday whilst at leicester, so they gave antibiotics to him (5 day course), he is much happier now! - back there tomorrow for more chemo.

went to see bro, looks better, his eyes are opening now - seemed easier to talk to him more, like it may be going in!, but still not responding himself, had a chat with the consultant, and he said the good news was through recent scans, they can't see any area of the brain thats damaged (which he seemed very suprised about considering the accident), and that it's 'just' badly bruised / swelled cos of the accident, said what we all ready know, that they can't tell until he 'wakes' - could be days away, could be weeks / months. but did say that they were happy with his stability. and they have him breathing on his own for a few hrs at a time, then back on the ventilator.
steady progress :)

Soldato
OP
must say, felt a lot better coming away, after seeing bro today.

jay has just been telling me about the 'gun man', the 'rabit' and the 'duck', thought it was helarious the rabit and the duck arguing infront of the gunman, then him blowing the ducks beak off. :D

Soldato
OP
Dead Dog said:
jay has just been telling me about the 'gun man', the 'rabit' and the 'duck', thought it was helarious the rabit and the duck arguing infront of the gunman, then him blowing the ducks beak off. :D

after chatting to mi old mukka spanker, maybe i should point out he was telling me about an elma fudd, daffy and buggs cartoon ;)

Man of Honour
Mr DD - is Jay into his cars at all?
Only ask as I may be able to wangle a ride out in a Street Eliminator car (obviously from Santa Pod) but thought I would ask first before making any enquiries

Soldato
My hearts really with you, honestly you're a really strong guy Dead Dog and it must be helping your family no ends. Best of luck and recovery to your bro, and i hope jay only gets better mate.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
This thread seems to be going down the list a bit....
Hope things are continuing to improve for the family Dead Dog :)

Soldato
OP
wee update.

Jay is fine!
Bro, is still stable, his eye's seem to be more open ( more often i mean !), he breathes for longer periods w/o the ventilator on his own, and maybe this week they 'may' move him to a high dependency unit, instead of the critical care unit where he is now - better!

jay, lewis and I, went to his house to have a sort out later today, the boys were wearing his motorbike slippers which they though helarious!, and jay had a couple of spins on his step machine / tread mill, which he thought was very funny esp when he did it facing backwards and going backwards!

there was a bit of a disbute over bro's only 'toy' car ( a model ferarri ), which was steaded when i went to my car and got a couple of toys that were in the boot!
will go to see him again wednesday.
i'll let you know about it!

HUGE thanks to everyones amazing generosity for Jay's collection :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom