Jay's Story and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well, just a bit of an update.......

Myself and Freefaller have been speaking about when/where we can present the proceeds of the collection to dead dog, Jay and his family.

I've spoken to dead dog and it was decided that meeting up and having a pizza near where he lives would be a superb idea as Jay loves the stuff! :D

I've just got to confirm the date that it'll be happening with him and then either myself or Freefaller will post it up on here.

Should be a superb afternoon and give people a chance to meet this special little boy thats touched all of our hearts.

Right, thats it for now.

Hopefully i'll know more tomorrow.

Man of Honour
Bump to the top, Monsuier Dog, could you drop me a mail at the imc-racing addy or give me a quick ring on the mobile please?
I have lots of racers asking me questions I cant answer :eek: lol
Cheers
Iain

Soldato
OP
sure will, last week went so quick, i did mean to ring you again then :(

Jay had been feeling a bit sick over the weekend, nothing bad - would be his usual self then would say he felt like being sick, was better on sunday, we went over to bro's house with Lewis to start sorting his garden, Jay & Lewis were rescueing snails and such whilst i was hurling rocks around the garden ( think they got the better deal ;) ), he's feeling fine this morning :)

went to see bro sunday afternoon, he was sitting in a chair, surrounded with pillows- damn it looked comfy, he was awake the duration, seemed quite alert, not fully awake yet, but the nurse said he was making good progress, whilst i was there i gave him some music to listen to - he pulled a funny face when i put the earpeace in his ear! - i left when they decided to put him back in his bed, it was pretty much time for me to make a move then anyway. he's breathing virtualy totaly on his own now, and his fractures are doing real good.

Soldato
OP
wee update time !
Jay is fine, his bloods are starting to recover after his big block of chemo has finished, unfortunately, he/we can't go to santa pod for the summer nats. this weekend - IanB had sorted some ace experiences for Jay!, but he's still neutropeinic so shouldn't risk it - REAL shame, hopefully we can sort it for another weekend ;)

as for Bro, no change really, he's been moved to a ward & does physio, but still not fully awake as yet - they are on about moving him to another hospital - norwich, harrow or lemington spa!, spa looks best for us, but will still mess up going to see him a bit - but in the grander scheme of things, it's not a worry :)
he only has a feed into him now and has lost his collars and braces - so the body part is fine ! :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
That's great news! I'm not surprised he's feeling a little weak... I hope he comes back in leaps and bounds! I hear that you've been in touch with mightynimrod about july 10th maybe meeting up and so on - it would be great if Jay was up to it. I'm going to update the sticky soon with a bit more info on how much we've raised, and maybe put a close on it. :)

Hope your bro pulls through more, it sounds positive, but it also sounds as though he's pretty badly battered up :( Hope he pulls through and starts to improve soon. :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Hope they both improve soon :)
Amazing how brave Jay has been through all this by the sounds of things :)

Soldato
Brilliant news matey,

Things are on the up for them both :D

As Freefaller said, the 10th July will be superb if we can arrange a meet to have some lunch and present you with the generous donations the good people on here have given.

Give Jay and Lewis a nice treat ;)

Take care all of you and keep in touch on msn regarding Jays condition and whether it'll be o.k on that date.

Soldato
OP
yeah we really hope jay's good for the 10th, should have a good idea monday, when the results come back from the comunity nurse's visit ;) , i'll let you know.
he & lewis are burning around the ground floor with music blaring and leaping onto a big pile of cushions / previously know as the sofas :D

as far as mi bro goes, they say the improvement curve is 3 years long, so altho he hasn't shown much change so far ( headwise) altho he is much more staple, it's just the begining really.

again thanks to everyone!

Soldato
OP
good stuff, Jays bloods have really improved, he is no longer neutropenic, and has even gone back to school all this week! ( well mornings for now, to get him back into it ! ). a taste of normality has returned to the house !

Sam Jay & Lewis went bowling after school on tuesday + we can catch up on some films at the cinema now ;)

Soldato
Dead Dog said:
good stuff, Jays bloods have really improved, he is no longer neutropenic, and has even gone back to school all this week! ( well mornings for now, to get him back into it ! ). a taste of normality has returned to the house !

Sam Jay & Lewis went bowling after school on tuesday + we can catch up on some films at the cinema now ;)

That really is brilliant news :D

Man of Honour
Brilliant news - cant wait till Bug Jam ;)
Just hope Jay doesnt do what my oldest did when he sat in one of the cars though...... went from :D to :confused: to :eek: in about 3 secs LOL
Was a good way of getting an idea of what could happen though!!

Soldato
OP
Jay's still doing well, they were @ leicester today for a injection of chemo, sometimes it give him a little grief, but he seems fine and been leaping around like a loon so i think he's OK ;)
still looking good for the pizza sunday!
Jay lost one of his teeth thurday, first one, another 3 are wobblin' too, the price of teeth have gone up since i was a nipper :( :D

Bro has lost his trakioptomy /spell?? !, so is breathing normally, and is just starting to swallow, so a couple of little steps forward there !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom