Jedi ejected from Tesco for wearing hood

Permabanned
He invented the religion so he made up the rules...

How does Jediesm differ from christianity, islam, hinduism, sikhism etc etc..

Guess what, they have all been invented by man, for very stupid man. :eek:

Tesco should appologise, double standards aren't politically correct.

Associate
TARKIN: The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe.
You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.

(one person = religion)

-------------------------------------------

HAN: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good
blaster at your side, kid.

(whatever you believe in, there's always someone trying to shoot you in the back for it)

-------------------------------------------

MOTTI: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader.
Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure
up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the
Rebel's hidden fort...

VADER: I find your lack of faith disturbing.

(religion can be a scary thing if you don't understand it, try and you'll learn a few things)

Associate
Surprised to read (Wikipedia) that there were 390,000 Jedi in England & Wales according to the 2001 census ;):D

Thats more than jews, sikhs and buddists :D

The force is strong with us :cool:

Soldato
But it does seem that religion is exempt from the laws regarding discrimination due to gender and sexual orientation so if a genuine religion developed that had a racist component would that also be allowed to discriminate? If not, why not?

I don't think that could happen. The Westboro Baptist Church have been stopped by the police in the US and banned from entering the UK due to antisocial behaviour. They get away with a certain amount, but I think that's more to do with the way antisocial behaviour laws have been written rather than their religion protecting them.

I would assume that similar things would happen if a nazi-style religion were to take off.

Caporegime
I'm finding it funny how quite a lot of people in this thread are bringing up two points, while he was a pratt he shouldn't have been discriminated against due to religion however stupid it is. LIkewise people brought up the idea that the amount of time a religion has been around seems to correlate to how much "respect" it gets, or more accurately its how much respect the people who follow it get.

Which are points I brought up in the "lets all laugh, discriminate, protest and harrase thos scientologist" threads and was completely ignored.

Its just strange that lots of people are defending this guys stupid religious beliefs, yet when it comes to scientologists, and equally young, stupid and crappy religion(equally stupid an crappy as other older religions) people are quite happy to attack it, intimidate and scare its members, act in a threatening mob mentality way outside their places to gather etc, etc.

People mentioned hypocrisy based on not respecting this guy, yet this same forum(and most of the country) had the complete opposite view of scientology.

Personally I wonder if we SHOULD be discriminating against religion, so people actually start to be questioned about their beliefs, which hopefully will make them question their beliefs, which will lead to a bit more common sense from people.

Someone else brought up the idea that people often believe in god purely because their parents did and told them there was one, its often very little more than that. Something worries me about a society that blindly believes the most ridiculous things just because it was imprinted on them when they were young, then they can let it effect their lives so dramatically.

Caporegime
I would assume that similar things would happen if a nazi-style religion were to take off.

Well...part from the fact if they started doing things that the 'nazi-party' used to do, they would be breaking no end of laws etc etc.

There would be nothing wrong with a 'nazi-party', as long as they didn't carry out such practises.

Anyway, what would it be based on? Hitler actually created the world and is the son of some superficial nazi thing in the sky? :p

Soldato
Well...part from the fact if they started doing things that the 'nazi-party' used to do, they would be breaking no end of laws etc etc.

There would be nothing wrong with a 'nazi-party', as long as they didn't carry out such practises.

Anyway, what would it be based on? Hitler actually created the world and is the son of some superficial nazi thing in the sky? :p

I meant a religion that has the same sort of purist views, where it's ok to attack people who don't fit the profile. Maybe the BNP turning into a religion would have been a better example :p.

Caporegime
I meant a religion that has the same sort of purist views, where it's ok to attack people who don't fit the profile. Maybe the BNP turning into a religion would have been a better example :p.

Hehe, I did figure what you meant...But yeah :)

However the BNP don't go about exterminating people they don't like ;)

Back
Top Bottom