Jim Davidson Bankrupt..

Associate
Jim Davidson was from a different era than today's PC comedian.
Back then his style of comedy was accepted, and its easy to criticise now.

He did a lot of work for the armed forces and other charity stuff.
He wasn't my favourite comedian, but I think he deserves a (big) break.

Soldato
another "tool" vote here.

he can't act, and his *ahem* "comedy", is entirely based around generalised insults.

in fact he defines "tool" tbh.

wouldn't wish bankruptcy on anyone, but no sympathy here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Digital Punk said:
He did a lot of work for the armed forces and other charity stuff.
He wasn't my favourite comedian, but I think he deserves a (big) break.

boom booom tish :p (nice :D )

i like his comedy, he is a really funny guy.

Soldato
Energize said:
Stupid government, their greed has caused them to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds, because they wouldnt lower the tax payments. :rolleyes:

The government did the right thing he effectively said reduce my tax bill by 50% or im going bust, they said fine go bust. Would open the flood gates to everyone playing that game.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Utter tool.

He was staying in Bristol as I think he was in pantomime there and walked into the Bristol Marriot ****ed out of his face and started screaming verbal abuse at all the staff and making racist remarks to a young Asian staff member. What a ****.

Soldato
I never thought I'd say this. But Jim Davidson actually made me laugh.

He's bankrupt? HA HA HA! Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. He's about as funny as a rapist. Toilet humour and that's as far as he's ever managed.

Associate
I don't really know that much about him in all honesty, but if some of the comments made in this thread are actually based upon fact (which I'm not entirely sure about) then I'd lead towards the "no sympathy" viewpoint.

I never personally found him offensive/unpleasant - only really know him from Big Break, which I quite enjoyed. But yeah, that was probably because of the trick shots. :)

Soldato
I find him funny, and a good comedian. I've never actually heard him interviewed or anything so I'm not sure what his personality is like, but he looks decent enough to me.

I don't have any problem with his style of comedy, and I agree with AJUK.

I'm getting tired of this country moaning about everything and anything.

Man of Honour
starscream said:
Wifebeater...
Racist...
Homophobe....

What about his bad points? :p

Seriously, his comedy is sometimes about those things but it is just that, comedy. Have the thought police got to you as well?

Permabanned
AJUK said:
What about his bad points? :p

Seriously, his comedy is sometimes about those things but it is just that, comedy. Have the thought police got to you as well?

If its comedy then that implies some level of humour - and I for one fail to see anything funny in racism or homphobia. Nothing to do with thought police - no one had to tell me that racism isnt funny.....I wouldnt have thought *anyone* would have to be told, tbh.

And as for 'he does a lot of work for charity/the army, so everything else is fine' well thats just BS of the highest order.

Back
Top Bottom