Jim Davidson Bankrupt..

Soldato
Sorry - but I totally dislike the guy - I found him unfunny and offensive.

And if he has tax problems - tough luck, we all have to pay it, and he was a millionaire after all, so he isn't short of a few quid. The reason he is bankrupt is due to him spending too much - and thinking he could continue with his extravigant lifestyle even though he wasn't working.

And just for the record - my mum used to work in 'The Centre, Slough' and has seen many so called celebs perform there.

Jim Davidson arrived there drunk, swore at her, was abusive and leered at nearly all the females who were around the place. Even in its day (1990ish) - she complained to her manager, along with a number of other employees and his entorage was told they weren't welcome there again.

Theres also a number of other celebs who she absolutely detests, but Jim was one of her worst apparently.

Permabanned
Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person. I look forward to his appearances on shows such as "I'm a z-list celebrity, get me a tv contract...PLEASE!!!!".

To echo earlier sentiments. Tool.

Soldato
He's never been funny.
At all.
Cant say I am pleased to see anyone go bankrupt but Davidson i can make an exception for, i dont think there has been anyone less deserving of celebrity than him, simply because of his complete lack of ability in his his field.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
dirtydog said:
Indeed. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/3205871.stm

I used to think he was okay but I think I must have been mistaken.

Being a performer for 36 years I can see where he's coming from. I did a gig at a pub last year where all the front tables were full of pensioners and I went round to each one telling them exactly what they were going to get - some stayed some went. I do a gig in Crewe and I've asked the manager if he can stop all the kids from running round the dancefloor while we're playing bevause as a performer it throws you off balance.
I can totally understand where Davidson is coming from because I've worked with him twice and seen him perform countless times and he needs those front row seats to pick on. If he'd carried on picking on disabled people all night I can imagine the headlines the next morning - no win situation.

Suspended
I don't think that excuses it. At least you had the common decency to go and talk to the people, not run off like a coward. He ruined a lot of people's evening, and I think they must know what to expect if they go to a Jim Davidson gig. It was his own personal issues with disabled people that made him leave, not the other way round.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
AJUK said:
What about his bad points? :p

Seriously, his comedy is sometimes about those things but it is just that, comedy. Have the thought police got to you as well?

Given your views from the SC thread on drug abuse/crime, I'm suprised you want to defend him.

It's actually quite impressive how 1 person can represent so much of what is wrong in society.

Soldato
Simply cannot comprehend where all your nay sayers get off putting the man down like this.

What have you ever done that compares to what he has? You may not like his comedy but whats that say - I probably don't like your music but that doesn't make it bad music.

He clearly has talent and to say otherwise is disingenuous.

He's flawed yes, he's not perfect and he knows it, he admits his mistakes and is very sorry for them, he'll probably make them again but that's him.

He also does some wonderful things - his support for the forces is legendary and he's one of the few 'celebrities' who I can say really does make an effort for charity work.

It's absolutely typical, saying he's wasted his money on booze, what a loser when infact it's a combination of an incompetitent accountant / lawyer and a generous divorce settlement.

Don't let any facts get in the way of you ripping up someones public image.

Suspended
Are people assuming he's racist/homophobic because of his stage act? Regardless racist and gay jokes are funny, regardless of your colour and the butt of the joke.

It would be boring if only PC jokes existed.

Soldato
As I said....I find him unfunny and offensive. And as with anyone I know who is unfunny and offensive - I don't like them (along with a good few other 1000 people who dislike him simply because he is offensive and arrogant - no other reason)

Strange that he was voted only No. 20 in the 100 worst British People.

11 Liam Gallagher
12 Chris Evans
13 Victoria Beckham
14 Rik Waller
15 Anthea Turner
16 Bernard Manning
17 Robbie Williams
18 Peter Stringfellow
19 Neil and Christine Hamilton
20 Jim Davidson
21 Charlotte Church
22 Darren Day
23 Lady Victoria Hervey
24 Prince Charles
25 Anne Robinson

Last edited:
Caporegime
i know nothing said:
Seems strange to me that a homophobe would play a gay man...
The character is based upon Joe Longthorne. I'll take Jim's word that the man is gay, and then I'll begin to wonder why, if it's not mentioned on any Joe Longthorne bios, why is Jim going to pains to mention it.

It all sounds a bit like overcompensation to me, but then, that's just supposition on my behalf.

It's also exceedingly PC on the part of JD - how that must grate for his die-hard fans. Or, maybe, you think "them" has got to him.

Telescopi said:
It's absolutely typical, saying he's wasted his money on booze, what a loser when infact it's a combination of an incompetitent accountant / lawyer and a generous divorce settlement.
It's also disingenuos to assume that there wasn't the self-driven motivation of greed not to pay £700,000 in tax. His self-imposed emigration to a tax-haven is a fairly good indicator of that.

As I posted before, however, at least there's the charity work.

I wonder how much he was paid for it, and I wonder how much tax he evaded.

Last edited:
Soldato
divosuk said:
As I said....I find him unfunny and offensive. And as with anyone I know who is unfunny and offensive - I don't like them (along with a good few other 1000 people who dislike him simply because he is offensive and arrogant - no other reason)

Strange that he was voted only No. 20 in the 100 worst British People.

11 Liam Gallagher
12 Chris Evans
13 Victoria Beckham
14 Rik Waller
15 Anthea Turner
16 Bernard Manning
17 Robbie Williams
18 Peter Stringfellow
19 Neil and Christine Hamilton
20 Jim Davidson
21 Charlotte Church
22 Darren Day
23 Lady Victoria Hervey
24 Prince Charles
25 Anne Robinson

i would like to know who voted on that....

oh please, posh, chris evans & liam gallagher are considered close to the top ten worst brits.

People need to sit down and think about what they are voting for if they think posh is a 'worst brit'.... What has she ever done wrong?

edit: Just spotted Robbie at number 17, i thought he was quite popular ?, if jim is considered 'better' (brit) than robbie williams i dont think he has anything to worry about :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom