Jim Davidson Bankrupt..

Permabanned
The 'worst Brit' list is rather silly and is presumably not meant to be taken seriously... a true 'worst Brits' list would obviously have criminals in it like Ian Huntley and Myra Hindley etc.

Soldato
lol, i have just found that 100 worst brits on wilki

1 Tony Blair (* 67th)
2 Jordan
3 Margaret Thatcher (* 16th)
4 Jade Goody
5 Martin Bashir
6 Gareth Gates
7 Alex Ferguson
8 H from Steps
9 Geri Halliwell
10 Queen Elizabeth II (* 24th)

that must be a joke top 100, i mean look at number 10.... jeez.

Associate
AJUK said:
Seriously, his comedy is sometimes about those things but it is just that, comedy. Have the thought police got to you as well?

He's a self confessed wife beater with next to no respect for women. It has nothing to do with his 'comedy'.

Soldato
Poor bloke.

Yeh his jokes were often offensive, but someones got to do that sort of comedy, political correctness does my head in.
Remember they're just jokes - if you don't like them don't watch him and stop complaining. There are many people that think he is great, I'm one of them.

All the stuff he does for charity and the forces too, I hope he finds a way out of it

Man of Honour
divosuk said:
And if he has tax problems - tough luck, we all have to pay it, and he was a millionaire after all, so he isn't short of a few quid. The reason he is bankrupt is due to him spending too much - and thinking he could continue with his extravigant lifestyle even though he wasn't working.

Nice to see you've properly researched the situation....

The reason he had an unaffordable tax bill was that during his last divorce, his wife got 50% of everything.

The Taxman, however, continued charging him tax on 100% of everything.

So at the sort of money we're talking about, she took 50% of the original total, and the taxman wanted 40% of the original total.... That leaves 10% of the money to actually do anything with...

Would you be able to pay it all instantly if that was you in that situation?

Or would you rather let your prejudice against the guy blind you to the facts so you can have a bitching session and make yourself feel superior?

Incidentally, I find him very funny :)

Permabanned
Dolph said:
Nice to see you've properly researched the situation....

The reason he had an unaffordable tax bill was that during his last divorce, his wife got 50% of everything.

The Taxman, however, continued charging him tax on 100% of everything.

So at the sort of money we're talking about, she took 50% of the original total, and the taxman wanted 40% of the original total.... That leaves 10% of the money to actually do anything with...

Would you be able to pay it all instantly if that was you in that situation?

Or would you rather let your prejudice against the guy blind you to the facts so you can have a bitching session and make yourself feel superior?

Incidentally, I find him very funny :)

Perhaps if he didnt make a habit of beating up his wife then he wouldnt lose 50% of his money in the first place......

Permabanned
Clearly the BBC think this will make interesting news :confused:

Plenty of other people suffer in worse situations than him, of course hes not happy. At least his plee will be heard by many more than the guy down the street.

Finally, I never found the guy funny on or off the TV.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Visage said:
Perhaps if he didnt make a habit of beating up his wife then he wouldnt lose 50% of his money in the first place......

Did I make any judgement either way about whether or not the settlement was fair?

All I pointed out was that it wasn't due to irresponsible spending as a previous poster had claimed.

Associate
PinkFloyd said:
Poor bloke.

Yeh his jokes were often offensive, but someones got to do that sort of comedy, political correctness does my head in.
Remember they're just jokes - if you don't like them don't watch him and stop complaining. There are many people that think he is great, I'm one of them.

All the stuff he does for charity and the forces too, I hope he finds a way out of it

There's a difference between being a non-pc comedian and being an outright racist.
Also, I can think of a hell of a lot better charities to give money to than the armed forces.

Associate
He doesnt give money to the armed forces, he actually goes where the forces are and does shows for them, In Iraq for instance. He also arranges for other artistes to go on tour with him, to the same locations, to give OUR armed forces a bit of fun and relaxation wherever they are in the world.

Personnally I think he is rather funny, with his tottally UN-PC act, yes ACT. Some of it might be from the heart but if you dont like it turn it off.

And of his four marriages, I was under the impression that it was hs first marriage that broke up due to alcohol and violence, in 1989. So yes he was a wife beater, 17yrs ago. For christs sake let it go.

Soldato
Quillian said:
There's a difference between being a non-pc comedian and being an outright racist.
Also, I can think of a hell of a lot better charities to give money to than the armed forces.
doesn't make them BAD charities just because YOU think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Caporegime
Dolph said:
Nice to see you've properly researched the situation...
I would be interested to know what your research is based on.

The tax man is not very nice, but he tends to stick to the rules.

Perhaps JD should have stuck to the rules, and paid his tax when he was supposed to.

I'm not sure that I like the idea of anyone with that much disposable cash being subsidised by the British tax payer.

VeNT said:
doesn't make him a GOOD comedian just because YOU think he's funny.

Soldato
Hate to point out the obvious Dolph, but....

1.) He owed a total of 1.4 Mill.
2.) He stated he had paid them the 'Majority ' of the bill - even though this was only 700,000 (half)
3.) He then offered to pay them another 450,000 - No where near the total.
4.) He clears off to a tax haven (and probably pays the same amount staying there as would be necessary to pay the bill)
5.) He refuses to perform again anywhere to pay the remainder of the bill.

He dug the hole...

Back
Top Bottom