Job issues

Soldato
Mine is likely to be on a farm too, sadly not the one I live on which is a pain.. but meh next closest option is less than 4 minutes walk away anyway :D
After that I am going to be into the ones I can find by either driving round and taking a look or finding advertised on the web / gumtree.

Associate
It had power running to the building, but I had to put in a meter, fuse box, lights sockets etc. Cost about £1400 I think... Then the rent averages out at about £200 a month. My m8 pays his farmer about £120 a month.

Soldato
OP
Tailor made well paid self employment right there.

Except that I'm not qualified to do domestic installs, only commercial final connections that any competent person can do. You can't just go around people's homes messing with gas and electrics unqualified.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not a qualified motor vehicle mechanic either.
Could I get a well paid role in a mainstream dealership (not that I'd want to) with a Agricultural engineering degree... Err not a chance.
But what I have got is knowledge, just the same as you in your trade...
USE IT!

Soldato
OP
I'm not a qualified motor vehicle mechanic either.
Could I get a well paid role in a mainstream dealership (not that I'd want to) with a Agricultural engineering degree... Err not a chance.
But what I have got is knowledge, just the same as you in your trade...
USE IT!

I don't have any knowledge past being a 'competent person', I've only been doing it for about 11 months.

Soldato
I found that an increase in my responsibilities to OTHERS increased my own desire to stick with a decent job.

As such I now have a well paid job, a wife, my own home and a baby boy.

But to get the above it took a good woman and my own desire to keep her and provide for her. If the op is as he says he is then it's likely he doesn't have such burdens upon his shoulders and subsequently won't have the desire to better himself.

Shame but there it is. Prior to how I am now I found myself really quite lazy and much more conditioned to spending all my cash on drink than anything else.

Perhaps finding manual work with the environmental agency would be good. Ok pay, good flexible hours, work towards qualifications etc

Soldato
OP
I don't think I'm lazy, regularly doing days involving 8 hours of driving combined with 8 hours of work, all hard graft out on building sites all day, I've never had a problem doing graft even when I was handballing 10-11T of steel panels per day five days a week.

You're right though, I don't have anything to earn for and wage has never been a prime motivator to me for finding a job so long as it pays enough to cover bills I'm not bothered, pretty much all the money I've earned from my current job is sat in the bank.

Caporegime
OP, the problem isn't the jobs, it's you.

Either change your mindset and do something you actually want to do - or at least make some kind of effort to train or learn how to be qualified to do so - or wake up to the fact that frequent 12 month job histories are okay up to the point where you become unemployable for any meaningful job due to quitting all the time.

Soldato
OP
I think it's pointless anyone suggesting anything, because you just seem to think 'meh' anyway.

I was hoping for some suggestions other than just moar jobs TBH, most seem quite smart on here and yet nobody has suggested anything interesting yet other than more treadmill/tedious grind stuff.

It's all well and good saying get trained or qualified but WTF in? How did all you lot decided what to train in, or was it just a case of "this will do" when it came to picking a career? :confused:

Soldato
I think you need to accept that you're not able to find a job that you like and put up with it for the time being. Stick with your job and try out different things in your spare time?

Eventually you'll fall into some thing you hate less than everything else.

Perhaps you need to sit down and write down a list of things that annoy you about your current job and then think of areas that don't share those points.

Man of Honour
I was hoping for some suggestions other than just moar jobs TBH, most seem quite smart on here and yet nobody has suggested anything interesting yet other than more treadmill/tedious grind stuff.

It's all well and good saying get trained or qualified but WTF in? How did all you lot decided what to train in, or was it just a case of "this will do" when it came to picking a career? :confused:

I found my passion at the age of 12, which happened to be computers. I always knew that's what I wanted to do. I'll be honest though my passion is no longer the same and if I could change now then I would (and I am trying to do so).

So my advise is to find your passion and then build a career in it, or even better start your own business with it.

Back
Top Bottom