Job issues

Soldato
I was hoping for some suggestions other than just moar jobs TBH, most seem quite smart on here and yet nobody has suggested anything interesting yet other than more treadmill/tedious grind stuff.

It's all well and good saying get trained or qualified but WTF in? How did all you lot decided what to train in, or was it just a case of "this will do" when it came to picking a career? :confused:

Find a passion, get curious over something, play an instrument, write a book, paint some art, go sky diving, carve some wood.
There is a whole ecclectic world out there to make your corner, get off the net and go find something. Hell for all I care do something ON the net, play games, watch movies, critique plays.

You don't have to have one solid passion in life, it can ebb and flow, just put your heart into whatever it is and get on with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
In fact.. just watch the video in next post of mine, it sounds like much closer to where you are...

Last edited:
Soldato
Does sound like the OP might suffer a bit of depression, I relate to him because I do and often feel the same about work.

Maybe see your GP and go through the questionnaire for it. Just a course of meds makes me feel totally different.

Soldato
I found that an increase in my responsibilities to OTHERS increased my own desire to stick with a decent job.

As such I now have a well paid job, a wife, my own home and a baby boy.

The above is true for many, some people are born with a desire and drive to succeed but for many its thrust upon them by those they are responsible for.

I can relate to the OP, I'm quite lucky in that I've been able to try a few things with one employer so my CV looks consistent but I always have a sense that whatever I do as an employee will be always be seen as a pretty pointless endeavour in my own eyes (tbh very few jobs can give you a sense of meaning).

It's odd really, the job can be fine as can the people but it's almost as if I resent being employed. Think the only option is to do something for myself which is rather scary and exciting at the same time. :D

Edit:

As a side note, farms can be a great source of cheap units but also look out for craft collectives. They can cost more but it will give you a greater presence and attract customers with a wider range of goods that don't usually compete with each other.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Does sound like the OP might suffer a bit of depression, I relate to him because I do and often feel the same about work.

Maybe see your GP and go through the questionnaire for it. Just a course of meds makes me feel totally different.

I have suffered with it in the past, but only when I'm working, when I've had periods of unemployment I've been in the best mental state I've ever been in for 20+years.

How about nightshift work, might get some peace and quiet that way?

Yep, good shout, I've been looking at this but not many places have night shift only jobs, they're usually part of a shift rotation including days and or afters. But this is my main train of thought at the minute if I can find something that works I'll likely try it.

The above is true for many, some people are born with a desire and drive to succeed but for many its thrust upon them by those they are responsible for.

I can relate to the OP, I'm quite lucky in that I've been able to try a few things with one employer so my CV looks consistent but I always have a sense that whatever I do as an employee will be always be seen as a pretty pointless endeavour in my own eyes (tbh very few jobs can give you a sense of meaning).

It's odd really, the job can be fine as can the people but it's almost as if I resent being employed. Think the only option is to do something for myself which is rather scary and exciting at the same time. :D

This, so much this. I start out ok but after a few months it all just seems pointless and a waste of time, 10/12/14 hours of days of my life gone doing something seemingly totally pointless.

I would like to try self employment but I'm not sure I have the self promotion skills and ability to handle the stress involved to go with it, that and not really having any idea what I could set up as. But thanks for the ideas anyway.

Back
Top Bottom