John Lewis 5 Year TV warranty experience?

CTG

CTG

Associate
Good to know JDR82, will consider going through LG if all else fails with JL. Like you I was not aware of "protect plus " back in 2017 and have challenged JL to show me screen burn exclusion on historic warranty for 2017, they are looking and hopefully come back. As I said earlier done research before purchase and was unaware of screen burn to Oled TV's.

Would be interested to know the replacement cost of screen by LG if you don't mind?

Associate
Good to know JDR82, will consider going through LG if all else fails with JL. Like you I was not aware of "protect plus " back in 2017 and have challenged JL to show me screen burn exclusion on historic warranty for 2017, they are looking and hopefully come back. As I said earlier done research before purchase and was unaware of screen burn to Oled TV's.

Would be interested to know the replacement cost of screen by LG if you don't mind?

They told me it would be £100, however they have taken a payment of £200 from my account currently having them look into this, they state the calls are recorded so I have asked for a copy of the call as it was 100%, £100 stated to me.

CTG

CTG

Associate
JDR82, Thanks once again for the information it's most helpful. I will now try going down the LG warranty route as John Lewis did email me a pre 2018 warranty stating exclusion of screen burn. Fingers crossed.

Associate
My screen replacement is complete and being returned on Friday, however they still have not followed up on my complaint regarding the £200.

I have contacted John Lewis again, pointed out one of their main competitors is covering the LG fee and asked if they will do likewise.

Associate
John Lewis have confirmed that in 2018 the warranty did not specifically exclude or even mention “screen burn” they then only reference the following comments:

- Failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and/or installation guidelines
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the insured product

I could continue the argument here as I don’t feel like I have violated either of the above. However they have offered to deposit 50% of the LG repair fee to an account of my choosing, I am tempted to just take this and move on.

Associate
John Lewis have confirmed that in 2018 the warranty did not specifically exclude or even mention “screen burn” they then only reference the following comments:

- Failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and/or installation guidelines
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the insured product

I could continue the argument here as I don’t feel like I have violated either of the above. However they have offered to deposit 50% of the LG repair fee to an account of my choosing, I am tempted to just take this and move on.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I wondered if you had that confirmation from JL in writing via email or if you had the details about who told you? I've got really excessive ghosting on my 2017 LG OLED55E7 which will be out of warranty in November. I'm certain the old guarantee never mentioned image retention or burn in, but I can't find that documentation anywhere....

Thanks
Mick

Associate
Apologies for replying on an old post but I just thought I'd let people know that after doing battle for the last 4 weeks with John Lewis and a 4.5 year old LG OLED TV with shocking panel damage or as they insisted on calling it 'screen burn' (which they dont cover, I've finally had written confirmation from LG that it is a faulty panel issue. Based on my last contact with John Lewis they have clearly been in touch with LG as LG contacted me out of the blue to advise they would be emailing me. Therefore I have told JL that under Consumer Rights 2015 they need to repair or replace.

For anyone else battling I found these links which may be very useful

https://www.johnlewis.com/our-services/protect-plus - this one shows the 'terms and conditions' for their additional cover which covers screen burn in place for TV bought approx 2018
https://www.johnlewis.com/our-services/added-care/added-care-terms-and-conditions-archive - this is the most important link as it show the terms and conditions in place prior to mid 2018 which doesn't explicitly mention screen burn nor can you insure against it if you read the cover details. It also included their updated tyerms and conditons which now explicitly excludes screen burn.
This is the information I think I got them on after tooing and froing over the last few weeks.

I am happy to add all of my emails and their replies if needed.
If this helps even one person then fab

Associate
Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I wondered if you had that confirmation from JL in writing via email or if you had the details about who told you? I've got really excessive ghosting on my 2017 LG OLED55E7 which will be out of warranty in November. I'm certain the old guarantee never mentioned image retention or burn in, but I can't find that documentation anywhere....

Thanks
Mick
plese see my post on this thread with links to their old terms and conditons which make no mention of screen burn but are what the previous poster alluded to

Back
Top Bottom