1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining songs together....?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Ice On Fire, 14 Aug 2006.

1. Ice On Fire

Capodecina

Morning all,

I'm not too sure if this is in the right place. As it is to do with software and music..? :confused:

Anyway,

I have a CD that I have copied onto my computer so I can listen to it on here as well. Thing is, when I play the CD on the HiFi, the songs don't have a break between them at all.

However, once copied to my hard drive and played in Windows Media Player 11, it has a two second gap between the songs. :(

Does anyone know how I can make it play without the gaps at all?

Many thanks all! :D

2. TheVoice

Capodecina

In Media Player, click the little arrow under the Now Playing button at the top, and then Show Enhancements. On the bar that pops up below, use the arrow buttons to scrolll through them till you get to Crossfading. Turn that on, and set it to a level that works for you. Should give you the same effect.

3. Ice On Fire

Capodecina

Oh, okay.

Thanks alot bud. Will check it out now. :cool:

4. Ice On Fire

Capodecina

Just tried it now. It does work a little bit. However when Media Player changes the track to the next one, that's were the pause is for about half a second. I want to take that pause out....:(

Any more ideas?

Thanks guys.

5. TheVoice

Capodecina

Hmm...just tried it myself (I use Winamp usually), and I'm not getting any noticeable pause. It fades to the next song perfectly.

If that doesn't solve it, don't know what the problem could be, sorry.

6. Ice On Fire

Capodecina

Well, I'm definitely getting a pause. Are they songs you're fading linked to each other anyway?

7. marc2003

Capodecina

all my cds play exactly the same on my pc as through my stereo. used eac/lame to rip them and foobar to play em. even mix cds, the transition from track to track is perfect.

maybe you need to look at how you rip your cds and what you use to play them? :p

8. Scottland

Capodecina

I use the SqrSoft Crossfading plugin for Winamp, and it'll do exactly what you want but the configuration can be a little lengthy to get it exactly how you want.

9. marc_howarth

Gangster

try AUDACTIY

you can edit wavelengths and snip bits off the beginning and end to get rid of the pauses if you want

10. Ice On Fire

Capodecina

I used Windows Media Player 10 to rip this CD. Will try suggested programs. Many thanks guys. :)

11. TheVoice

Capodecina

Winamp has crossfading built in already though. Does this plugin offer anything advanced?

12. marc2003

Capodecina

:eek: crazy, it's just crazy all this talk of cross fading and editing files. :confused: :confused:

use foobar and the files will play just like the cd. (well mine do) :D