Jon Venables to get free guitar lessons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldato
It's amazing how ignorant you can get by reading newspapers.

I assume that the entire sum of the OPs intimate knowledge of the correctional system comes from tabloid newspapers?

Do us all a favour and go and read some prison autobiographies, probably Jeffrey Archer's one ("A Prison Diary") to start with, as he uses nice short words and also goes into great detail into just how utterly awful an experience it is, even for a low-security prisoner with a relatively large amount of "freedom".

Man of Honour
Yet again we give into the whims of perverts, pedo's, murders > John Venables given free guitar lessons. So it takes his mind off things ie: can't mix with his fellow inmates, l wunder why?

How many decent young kids, teenagers would love free guitar lessons. This Goverment(l use the term lightly) patronize's these criminals, surely they have given up their Human Rights by thier acts, nothing a bullet to the head or a length of rope wouldn't cure.

Day in, day out we hear reports in the news papers of the cushy life prisoners lead inside, play stations, colour tv, the list goes on. While some hard working familys can not give their kids these luxuries.

Providing a source of diversion for inmates tends to make them easier to deal with, it's a fairly simple strategy for managing behaviour. However if you really think that being in prison is desirable because you might get access to a PS3 or guitar lessons then I'd suggest your priorities significantly differ from mine. I'm absolutely certain that for myself my freedom is infinitely preferable to prison - games consoles or no.

When we get a Goverment who stops all this and makes their life hell inside and bring back the berch for young offenders. If we don't start giving suitable punishments that fits the crime ie: murder > you hang, violet muggings > the berch.

I apologise for going on but reading about Venables in this mornings news paper, l simply blow a fuse. I know its been said all before and again l apologise but decent people today are made out to be the criminals by this Goverment ie: Pet Shop Owner criminalized for selling a goldfish to a fourteen year old.

Well my rants over folks but my head still hurts!!!!!!

Have a nice day.:)

It's an old question but does capital punishment have a deterrent effect? If it doesn't then the main reason that can be given for wanting it is that it satisfies the requirement for vengeance that some feel, that's an option of course but not what I want from my justice system.

In the case you allude to the pet shop owner was breaking the law, I don't necessarily agree with all the punishment (the electronic tag seems a bit futile) but the fine can certainly be argued as merited. If business owners have not appraised themselves of the legislation that directly affects their business then I don't see how they can argue it shouldn't apply to them.

Soldato
I do when I pay for them with my tax...

better to leave him in a cell and give the money to someone who deserves it...
like you? how about if your child was banged up for many years for doing something they were possibly too young to understand (not saying he was), do you think all prisoners should be treated the same? Is someone who kills a toddler worse than someone who kills a pensioner, or is it the person doing the killing who matters? The purpose of prison in this country is to punish and rehabilitate in the hope that they don't offend again, if some social activity or learning a new talent/skill is going to help that cause then why shouldn't they do it? You do realise people study college courses and such in prison, why is a guitar lesson different?

Back
Top Bottom