Jordan Peterson thread

Caporegime
The mental gymnastics involved in attempting to denounce someone as a good father because their daughter may have cheated as an adult.

You can instil as many values as you like into your children. They’ll still make mistakes and their own choices.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The mental gymnastics involved in attempting to denounce someone as a good father because their daughter may have cheated as an adult.

You can have instil as many values as you like into your children. They’ll still make mistakes and their own choices.

Indeed, utterly bizarre, this thread really shows who the far left extremists are.

Associate
Indeed, utterly bizarre, this thread really shows who the far left extremists are.
Also note the shaming language that is used when stating an opinion as fact. All too common occurance these days and they say his followers are toxic. Well I have news, anybody who uses shaming langauge in order discredit an opinion of somebody else look in a mirror.

Soldato
I’ll be the first in the queue to criticise JBP over genuine issues with things he’s said or written, but I don’t believe he’s alt-right, transphobic, homophobic or racist.

Capodecina
Soldato
I’ll be the first in the queue to criticise JBP over genuine issues with things he’s said or written, but I don’t believe he’s alt-right, transphobic, homophobic or racist.

I don't think he is either. I think that's a big part of the debate - his mission has become, in part, showing how the media tries to twist what he says to show him as transphobic. And if they do this for him, they are contorting and twisting other facts in other stories. They do it very cleverly and attractively though, so most people don't notice and end up siding with the media narrative, which then becomes reality after adoption.

The media really do control the world, and their treatment of JP is a small example of how they do it.

Man of Honour
It is all common knowledge though. He hasn't added anything which anyone with more than 1 brain cell doesn't already know. There is no deep profound insights, he is no luminary. But the book is exactly what i mean, simed st young right wing men who feel their world is under attack by 'den liberals'.

He writes do much absolute ****** just to sell more books, exploiting his academic credentials as if it has any value outside his area of expertise. Nd it shows, because all of main points outside his actual peer-reviewed acedemic work have been completely torn down by actual experts in their domain. His whole anti-marxism and anti-PC waffle is completely meaningless twaddle, deeply flawed but written to stir up his fanbase who happily lap up whatever he regurgitates because it is exactly what they wsnt to hear and it comforts them to believe an actual academic supports their distorted reality.

He is openly transphobic and that is why the far right love his books. He openly supports islamophobia, misogyny and make wide reaching appeals to racists and white supremacist. That is just a hard fact.

As i said, a shrewd bussinessman that is good at marketing to the far right, incels and bigots

I'm currently replaying Fallout New Vegas. A couple of days ago I did the Old World Blues DLC. You remind me strongly of the Book Chute.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Book_Chute

In particular, the line "If you haven't found any Communists in your back yard, you're not looking hard enough!"

Your targetting is different, but your views are the same - anyone who isn't wholly obedient to the ideology is every sort of bad thing and that's a fact. Even though it isn't. Vote Prop 10 or you hate children!

Soldato
Dare I wade in...

@hurfdurf
Those clips seem to have a case of Cathy Newman-itis. The whole “so what you’re saying is...?” Etc.

I’m not going to go through them all but the first clip is about the “gay cake scenario”. Whereby he is defending the right of a company to not make a cake with a certain political message on it due to it conflicting with the bakers personal belief. The interviewer uses the analogy that in racist-era America bakers refused to bake for black people and they both agree that’s wrong. So why is it any different to refusing to bake for gay people?

And that analogy is fine and legitimate but that is not what the case was about......

What case? He was presented with a very simple scenario, and he completely fluffed it, showing his utter intellectual and moral weakness on the issue. There is no they, or there, it was a simple scenario and question.

Why are you interjecting a completely different scenario? It is indefensible that he answered the way he did.

The second clip - The argument about art and religion is a Christian apologists argument against evolution (or more nuanced, argument specifically against evolution in humans). That is, if our traits were selected by gene selection over thousands of years. What was the genetic benefit for creating art? Something that only humans seem to do.

This is moronic as well because it completely misrepresents evolution and genetics being passed on. He is literally laughed at by the audience. Your defence of him in the first clips does not withstand any kind of judgment. They prove he is a moron, as do the many others.

Soldato
I feel sad for JP, you can see how his recent issues has affected his speech and probably his mental acuity to a degree, I hope he does make a full recovery

Soldato
When Jordan’s daughter interviewed him a month or two ago I was hoping we’d get an interaction between the two of them as he comes off as espousing a lot of the values JP espouses. I actually want to read MM’s book, which I think is the first time I’ve had any interest in anything an actor/actress has written.

Man of Honour

I'm really glad to see this. I wasn't aware of the overall progress of the Dailywire+ project, and although I knew they were on a role with the success of Matt Walsh's "What is a Woman?", I'm especially glad to see this partnership come about.

I can't help but resonate with the audience's reaction to the announcement. After all he's been through in recent years, this seems like another milestone in his journey back to previous levels of public life. Although seeing his words dramatically sexed up in the way this trailer does is a little contrived and cringe worthy to the JBP aware (it's reminiscent of the many YouTube compilations) it really does make me realise more than ever just how much of a void was left by his absence, particularly at key moments throughout 2020. It's also good to see - as in other videos - that the entertainingly combative tone and energy he's so famous for continues to return to levels not seen since before his absence.

I'm not sure if the content on Dailywire + will really bring anything fundamentally new to anyone familiar with his work, but this I view this as a symbolic, statement making partnership. Even if the content is mostly somewhat recycled maybe it will be able to reach those who have perhaps previously never had the pleasure.

Man of Honour
Void? Who even knew he was gone? :cry:

Echo chambers in action indeed.

:edit: I couldn't recall many comments from you in the thread, and looking back now I can see why, it consists of a single mischaracterisation that reads like it's written in pure bad faith. If you really believe he's as you describe then go ahead and pen a proper criticism, it should be very easy to do. Alternatively, if I've caught you in an open minded mood, perhaps give listening to him a try. If you actually listen to the words he says, there's meaning to be found.

Although I'm pretty sure your post is in bad faith, I will treat it as if you genuinely don't understand who would have known he was gone and why he may have been missed:

In answer to your question, plenty of people. He has millions of followers across social media, with 300m+ views on YouTube and has sold millions of books, reaching the top of the best selling lists between USA/Canada/the UK. 4.9M watched his video returning home after his absence. His voice - one that I think can reasonably be described as a voice of reason to non-progressives - not present during the prominent BLM activity and the beginning of government restrictions during 2020. I think it would've been interesting if he was not inactive at the time, and the reason I think this left a void is that although others might have the same opinions and said the same things, he has a unique way of conveying his perspective that helps call people to action.

Soldato
I still find myself mostly enjoying the things he did a few years back. I think it's obvious that woke people are retarded so that feels like a bit of a boring subject to me and is what he seems most focused on these days. I enjoy the material where he's encouraging people, and especially men, in to making the most of themselves - this is mostly his older stuff at this point.

Caporegime

You can instil as many values as you like into your children. They’ll still make mistakes and their own choices.
Maybe children learn from their parents mistakes, so he should have cheated.

:D

Man of Honour
I still find myself mostly enjoying the things he did a few years back. I think it's obvious that woke people are retarded so that feels like a bit of a boring subject to me and is what he seems most focused on these days. I enjoy the material where he's encouraging people, and especially men, in to making the most of themselves - this is mostly his older stuff at this point.

Yeah I see what you mean and there's definitely a whole side away from the "woke bad" message that tends to be what he is sometimes wheeled out for that is explorable completely on its own merit, but he's such a good verbal sparrer that it's just entertaining to watch. The new thing on Dailywire+ seems to be exactly on the subjects you describe, although as I said I imagine it's likely just the same message wrapped in a different package.

Back
Top Bottom