1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jose`s last season with Chelsea?

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by sedm1000, 1 Jun 2006.

1. sedm1000

Mobster

Opnions?

If he doesn`t win the European cup this year then he`ll be moved on for sure. With a squad such as he has collected then he must be doing something wrong if he fails again.

Who`ll be the next manager? Scolari?

2. Gilly

Man of Honour

When does his contract expire? I thought he'd just signed an extension last year?

The Euro cup is a knockout competition. Anything can happen. It needs an extraordinary amount of luck to win it (look at manyoo and Liverpool).

3. red11

Sgarrista

I know, even Leeds got to a CL Semi Final. :eek:

:p

4. sedm1000

Mobster

It does, but it is still a test of his capability to deliver. The guy who signs the cheques knows that he can buy success, and he must be starting to wonder why his team cant win the big prize.

Judging from the way Chelsea finished the season, I`ve a feeling that there is enough discontent at the club that Jose will "walk", or simply be pushed out if he fails to win the European cup next year.

He can always parachute into the Portugal job with Felipe coming the other way...

5. Gilly

Man of Honour

Aye, if only we'd been lucky :(

Not really, as I said, anything can happen in a cup competition. The best sides in the world are in the Euro Cup.

They need a good performance but I hardly think you can judge a manager on winning it. The most successful manager in English football, ever, has only one it once and he poxed it...

6. sedm1000

Mobster

Indeed. Liverpool and Arsenal have both had a shot at it with inferior sides. Luck maybe, but roman will be asking why he hasn`t been to the final at least.

The longterm plan is to turn Chelsea into a Real Madrid. He needs to sart winning the big prizes.

7. Turbanation

PermaBanned

No chance hes leaving. Chelsea are at peak now.

I cant get a better team on Football Manager!

8. lemonkettaz

Capodecina

i think if chelsea win the premiership again and the champions league...

which seems really possible :(

he will leave. but if he doesnt leave next year, he will for sure be gone the year after...

9. Stretch

Capodecina

I know, some teams have all the "luck". Coincidence? :p

10. Gilly

Man of Honour

Problem is, they don't. AC Milan and Chelsea were on paper the strongest teams in the competition. Neither reached the final. The holders didn't either...

11. sedm1000

Mobster

He won it three times. Deservedly.

12. sedm1000

Mobster

Paper strength doesn`t equate to performance though - nor the manager`s ability outside of the transfer market.

13. Gilly

Man of Honour

Yawn. You know who I meant, and that I meant domestically.

Nope. Absolutely right. Which is why all the money in the world can't guarantee you winning the most prestigious club cup competition. I'm glad we agree :)

14. red11

Sgarrista

I know, it's unfortunate when your luck just runs out like that in the middle of a semi final. :(

15. Gilly

Man of Honour

Just showing your lack of footy knowledge now ;)

16. aumz

Hitman

True their signings are really peeing me off now I hope they all get their legs broken first game...lol

It looks like they will be unstopable next season and maybe even Arsenals record of no losses in the League may not stand for very long.

Its all down to Roman and I can not wait until he gets bored and goes elswhere to spend his cash and leaves Chelsea in millions of debt where they declare bankrupt.

Yes it is sour grapes, yes I would love to have Roman at Liverpool and yes I pray that Sheva is a flop in the Prem.

17. sedm1000

Mobster

You were talking about it in reference to Europe though - tad confusing. Even the guy you are talking about doesn`t rate himself in the same league as Paisley.

Given the best side on paper it must take something to go wrong for them not to win - having brought in so many different players, the one common factor in the failure is Jose.

18. lemonkettaz

Capodecina

true true true :)

except the bit about sheva being a flop in the premiership.... he is going to own

19. Gilly

Man of Honour

I was, but we're talking about the modern game and a different cup competition. As well as the fact that I was pointing out domestic dominance doesn't equal European glory.
    Except he's already won it...

20. sedm1000

Mobster

Chelsea is Roman`s stay out of jail card. They`ll be ok so long as he keeps a low profile in Russia, and a high profile in Europe. Which seems to be his plan for the next 5 to 10.