Jose`s last season with Chelsea?

Soldato
OP
Weebull said:
b) Roman is also highly unlikely to get thrown in jail like some of the other oligarchs. If anyone read up on the situation over there in Russia you'd realise that pretty quickly.

The reason he`s getting away with it is because he packed in the politics and made a name for himself here.

Man of Honour
Nedved11 said:
Personally i don’t mind Abrahimovich providing the Billions as he is a genuine guy who loves football. A football fan who only has one interest and that’s not a financial one like most others.
Its dead funny when they show clips of him watching football. He leans right over like he's kicking the ball with the players.

Looks like a girl playing a racing game on a console when she moves the pad with the car :D

Soldato
Weebull said:
c) All he wants is to turn a profit with the club after a few years, and that certainly doesn't require winning the Prem every season, let alone the CL constantly, or anything silly.

Good luck to him on that one. lol I think Peter Kenyon and Abramovich would be deluding themselves if they think they'll make a profit with their expenditure every season.

Man of Honour
Weebull said:
So really, for all this harping on about how unfair it is that Chelsea have billions and our teams don't and how they should lose every game because of it, and nevermind they'll collapse soon and it'll all fall apart, I think we should just accept that that's quite frankly not the case, and Chelsea are going to be a big team for a fair few years to come, and we might as well just accept that and move on. Yeah they're loaded and we're not, but tough ****. :)
:)

Don
Gilly said:
Benitez inherited the nucleus of a good side and with a couple of additions made them into a good team. Yes, he had a big impact as a manager but look at the amount of quality players there when he arrived.
Not really true, the only player in the Liverpool side he inherited that is good enough to get in the Liverpool side (on there form at the time) was Gerrard (Owen aswell but he left), he had Carragher and Hamann that were good (but nothing more) players but were first team regulars, Kewell who was playing terrible, Hyypia who was playing the worst he had since he joined and Finnan who was an average player. Other than that the squad as a whole was fairly poor. Since Benitez has arrived Carragher has become one of the top Defenders in the EPL if not the world, Kewell and Finnan look like completely new players and Hyypia this season was back to his best. He then bought in Alonso and Sissoko (who both look like they are going to be compared with the likes of Gerrard and Lampard in years to come, Reina who was arguably the best keeper in the league last year and who is still very young and as with Crouch he has turned water into wine as far as im concerened. I was really ****** off when he signed but he has impressed me this year. Oh year and Riise looks like a player again now.

Gilly said:
Liverpool have one superstar, and he won them the cup. He'd have done that under any manager.
I hope your talking about the FA cup because if one player won Liverpool the CL it was Carragher

Weebull said:
b) Roman is also highly unlikely to get thrown in jail like some of the other oligarchs. If anyone read up on the situation over there in Russia you'd realise that pretty quickly.
As its already been stated, he wont get put in jail with the current government but if the previous party to the current one gets back in power he will. As soon as RA friends got into power the owner (who decided to leave Yeltsin for the oposition party) of the largest oil company in Russia gets investigated for "murdering" two of his staff as well as fraud, he fleas Russia, he is then forced to sell his company and suprise suprise RA is the only bidder. RA buys the company for £200m (not 100% sure on that figure) and then sells 70% of the company that he bought for £200m for £11bn to the Russian Government another suprise there.
So a company worth £200m around 9 years ago is worth around £14bn now?
Now those are all FACTS!! (figures maybe slighly wrong), you can put your own theory behind them

Edited for maby66

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Baz, whether he's affected the players or not, the players were there. Just because they were being mismanaged previously...

BaZ87 said:
I hope your talking about the FA cup because if one player won Liverpool the CL it was Carragher
:/

Don
Gilly said:
Baz, whether he's affected the players or not, the players were there. Just because they were being mismanaged previously...

:/
he must have done something for them to play better etc. Hyypia, Riise and Kewell came to liverpool as very good players Houllier seemed to gradually make them worse (hyypia had 2 good seasons riise had 1 and kewell had about 3 games before they caught Houllieritous). Benitez has saved all of there players Liverpool careers and signed top players rather than average players like Houllier did

Associate
Lets not let this degenerate into a 'who's got the better manager' type of argument. Remember that liverpool supposedly wanted mourinho before going for Benitez. I'm glad we got benitez but I don't think we would have gone far wrong either way.

Mourinho in theory will be under some pressure to win the CL with his current squad of stars. Highly likely this will pressure that will come from himself as the guy has high standards for himself.

Don
Gilly said:
And I'm saying you're overestimating what he's done in light of the mess Houllier made of things.
The mess Houllier left Liverpool in is the reason why what Benitez has done is so impressive; he took a team that was going backwards into European Champions and then closed the gap on Chelsea from 38 points to 9 giving Liverpool there best point tally ever.

Don
sedm1000 said:
In the premiership. Ever? Get real.
82 points is the most in the premiership liverpool have ever got. They may have got more points in the past when they played 46 games a year

Back
Top Bottom