1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joysticks....any good for gaming?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by nick_lerwill, 29 Jan 2006.

1. nick_lerwill

PermaBanned

ok i do alot of online gaming for games like bf2, cs and CoD2 are joysticks any good for these games? do the increase performance?

Cheers

Nick

2. phil675

Mobster

Maybe for flying a plane in BF2, but I found it too much hassle having to switch back and forth. In my experience joysticks don't really go with FPSs.

3. Paul11

Capodecina

no

4. nick_lerwill

PermaBanned

ah good thats what i thought cheers

5. PieEater

Mobster

I found the Belkin Nostromo's very good, being able to program the keys so they fall to hand was excellent, no need to keep checking the keyboard to see if your hand is in the right place. I would say that they improve your performance marginally.

I tried a joystick for BF2 in the hope it would make me a better pilot - it didn't.

6. Larok

Gangster

I second the nostromo for fps games. A small learn and setup when you get it, but it's a no brainer when you get used to it.

7. BS Dave

Mobster

for fps, definite no, for flying in bf2 i'd say yes. make it's feel alot more realistic

8. turtle3

Wise Guy

Ive bought an attack 3 for bf2 flying, and im well impressed, great quality and smooth for only £11.99, BF2 is the only time its used though and its not all that often you can get a plane anyway,

9. fullfat

Wise Guy

things might change in bf2 when the 2nd update comes out this year

10. Le Samourai

Wise Guy

Essential for me in BF2 - I was useless with the mouse!

I also had a nostromo (bought it to replace the keyboard to try and reduce the amount of peripherals on my desk) but I'm back to normal keyboard/mouse setup and have the joystick positioned next to the top of my mousemat - so I just need to reach forward a bit from the mouse.

If it's for BF2 you need to get a joystick with smooth movement and ideally quite compact. I eventually got a logitech attack 3 and it's pretty good value! A word of warning... under no circumstances get lead into thinking the Saitek ST90 could be kinda cool with it's crafted-by-alien-technology looks... it's chronic! ;) :D

11. ben_j_davis

Wise Guy

Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick 4 *** Win

12. Eliot

Soldato

saitek st90 here for bf2, i can do half the stunts from bf2 stunt movies on it