Just Another Weight Loss Log

Associate
OP
Theres a Waitrose underneath my office and they have 100g bars of Lindt 99% at the moment... think it might be a little too much for me! :)

I got a small bar of 85% Green & Blacks to try today.

My day yesterday was:

Breakfast - 7.30 am

• 2 large eggs scrambled
  • Semi-skimmed milk
  • Baked beans

Mid Morning - 10.30 am

• Wholegrain bran flakes
  • Skimmed milk

Lunch - 1.30 pm

• 1 Lemon & pepper chicken leg
  • Basmati rice

Mid Afternoon - 4 pm

• Pink Lady Apple Slices
  • Cashew nuts (25g)

Evening - 7 pm

• 1 Turkey steak
  • Lime marinade
  • Peas w/ mint & chilli

I think I'm going to try half a wholemeal bagel & a couple of slices of bacon for breakfast. At the moment it's the only meal of the day where I'm really struggling and not enjoying it.

There was a work outing planned to Rodizio Preto (all you can eat Brazilian BBQ) last night. I gave it a miss, as I didn't trust myself not to over indulge and eat & drink too much.

Man of Honour
You don't NEED to eat breakfast: your body won't shut down if you skip it. :)

And for the love of all that is holy, have something bigger for lunch! :D At least two chicken legs! Particularly is you are skipping breakfast. And what is with the bran flakes and milk as a snack? More nuts. :D

Associate
OP
You don't NEED to eat breakfast: your body won't shut down if you skip it. :)

And for the love of all that is holy, have something bigger for lunch! :D At least two chicken legs! Particularly is you are skipping breakfast. And what is with the bran flakes and milk as a snack? More nuts. :D
It was a pretty big leg to be fair :p

I've got a large salad today, so should be good.

I love bran flakes, but that's more to do with me being cheap. My work provides free cereal and milk. :)

Associate
OP
Was out and about most of the weekend so found it difficult to stick to plan. Ended up in Toby Carvery yesterday, thankfully it's mainly meat and vegetables. No idea how the veg is prepared though.

Weekly weigh in was this morning. Down to: 28st 3 1/2lbs.

Soldato
Half a stone in the first week is a great effort. Inevitably it won't always come off that quickly but it's a good start.

Some of the initial weight loss will be glycogen plus water. You get around 1g of carbohydrate stored with 3-4g of water. There are around 4 kcal in 1g of carbohydrate. It works out about grams weight loss being about equal to your kcal deficit.

With fat you don't get the water storage. You get around 9 kcal per gram of lipid stored in fat cells so as you shift from depleting your carbohydrate stores to predominantly losing fat the weight loss will inevitably slow down given a similar calorie deficit.

Don't get discouraged - stay consistent and keep monitoring your progress (my sister, who's an exercise scientist says this is one of the key aims for long term sustainable weight loss). Also try to stick with a plan you'll be able to sustain in the longer term, perhaps only adjusting slightly when you're happier with your weight. I've lost 2-3 stone and then regained it a few times by dieting or training in a way that couldn't really be sustained in the longer term (e.g. food too boring or doesn't fit with the rest of the family, taking too much time to train etc).

Associate
OP
Thats really great information, thank you!

Week 2 down another 3lbs. Didn't have the best of weeks... had a 6 hour tattoo session on Thursday so ate for comfort for a couple of days as I felt crappy.

Associate
OP
Hello!

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by resurrecting such an old post, completely forgot I posted this to be honest and I'm more of a lurker round these parts rather than posting :D. In typical fashion this plan went completely off track and life turned into a bit of a disaster for a good while.

Very ashamed to say that my weight got even more out of control. At the start of July last year I stood on the scales and weighed in at 31st and 7lbs. Realised I needed to take thing out of my own hands and a few days later I started with a personal trainer, seeing them a couple of days a week and with their help came up with a meal plan and workout routine that I have managed to stick to (for the most part).

As of today I weigh 25st 13lbs. Long way to go still, but, happy to say I am finally making progress in the right direction. :)

Soldato
Glad you're back on track. At your starting weight, you don't necessarily need to make drastic changes to see results. Much better that whatever you do is sustainable.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom