• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just bought Ryzen 7 3700X, cooling question

Associate
Hi,
Just bought me a 3700X and am concerned about the temps. I am idling 40C to 50C, and full load 70C-80C. I am using the wraith cooler that came with it.

Any advise regarding getting temps down?

Soldato
Those temps are fine. What are you worried about?

If you really want idle temps lower, change the fan profile to run faster at lower temps.

Associate
I get about 60 degrees at load with a coolmaster on mine so worth investing the £20 if you want to feel safer but you lose the nice lights.

Soldato
Thanks for feedback. Came from an i5 6600k running at 30C to 50C so seemed a bit high.

the thing with most modern hardware is they have better boosting algorithms. Nvidia GPU's and AMD CPU's generally have a thermal limit, so if you are under that it will run faster. AMD CPU's, especially the X models have precision boost which is a max boost speed (single thread) of 4.4ghz on the 3700x, it will go all the way to 80c to try to reach that.

Back
Top Bottom