1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Just cause 2 hybrid physx Q.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by tommybhoy, 10 Jun 2010.

1. tommybhoy

Capodecina

Is there any way to enable the Cuda effects using a hybrid physx setup with 5870+9800 in Just Cause 2. The only way to get these options is if the 9800 is doing the rendering. So far i have tried different drivers(inc. the unlocked beta), hybrid hacks, genl mods, physx software, running in windowed mode but all with no luck.
    (please, please, please don't post the... physx sucks anyway comments etc.):)

2. AMG

Mobster

Just casue 2 don't use phyX anyway

but it does use cuda (they had to didn't they) :rollseye:

I don't think it works like that I m afraid you will need the Nv card doing the rendering

3. straxusii

Mobster

I couldnt get it to work, even with the new Nvidia drivers that allegedly let you specify which GPU handles CUDA in a multi GPU environment.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2010
  4. tommybhoy

Capodecina

Oh well, just stick to playing without then. Would have been nice. I hope this is not a sign of things to come though that it only works on the rendering card.

5. rounddodger

Wise Guy

This is how it works. You're mistaking CUDA for PhysX.

6. tommybhoy

Capodecina

So are we going to see a shift from games using physx to Cuda?

7. uv

Sgarrista

I doubt it.. As developers realize proprietary Apis are rubbish, they'll hopefully switch to something like opencl

8. tommybhoy

Capodecina

I'm just hoping mafia 2 sticks to just physx and not be using cuda then.