Just completed my parts list

Associate
Finally secured a GPU online. It arrives this week so I can finally build my system. My case is waiting for me in Germany from Taiwan with a friend to bring back through the tunnel in April when they come home.

Here's the build list which is in various parts at the moment:
  • LG 34gk950f
  • Lenovo 500 fhd Webcam
  • 1tb Samsung 980pro
  • 16gb Corsair vengeance LPX 3600mhz - my brother in law told me off for the kit I got having too slow timings
  • Corsair SF600 platinum
  • Logitech g915
  • Logitech g903
  • Ryzen 7 3700x zen 2 HS+fan
  • Gigabyte x570i aorus pro
  • Ncase m1 v6.1 in black
  • Logitech z533 speakers
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS XS OC 6GB
  • My old windows 10 key from my 2nd partition on my MBP16 (since sold) No idea if MS will let me re-allocate it
  • FlexiSpot E5 frame
  • Solid oak worktop (150x720) with smaller staves finished in 4 light coats of danish oil
  • Some cheapish (and not that comfortable) chair off of Bezos

Took me about the last month to piece together all the parts. When it all comes together it's going to replace a UHD Dell XPS9500. I really thought I didn't need a desktop any more (I was wrong). I'll put a build log around here if anyone is interested.

Here is also a little list of future wants/desires as they come up in no particular order that I either couldn't justify at this early stage or will slot in as time sees fit.
  • Heaphones? Logitech g pro x
  • Power play surface
  • Nanoleaf petals
  • Corsair h100i
  • Ryzen zen 3 5800x
  • 38inch hdr600 monitor LG 38GN950-B
  • Rtx3080
  • 32gb faster memory
  • 3d printer
  • 2nd static desk same oak top

Soldato
  • 1tb Samsung 980pro
  • Ncase m1 v6.1 in black

• Rtx3080
  • 32gb faster memory
You're lot better of putting that money into SSD capacity instead of PCIe v4 hype.
Space you lack doesn't have any speed, or more like negative speed.
And in gaming very few games have any significant difference to even any NVMe from SATA.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wd-b...-solid-state-drive-wds200t2b0c-hd-57n-wd.html

That case isn't good for huge 3 slot cooler high end cards.
Neither it has room for fans to cool that 300+W of heat at that point.

DDR4 is starting to get replaced by DDR5 in future and any later buying to replace memories is wasted money.
So you buy now what is needed.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the input. The 980 is most definitely overkill but they're very cheap for what you get. The file I/O is just as important to me as any other metric for work. It's just become a rule of thumb now for me to spec fast secondary storage. I agree it won't support 3 slot cards, but with 2 slots and 2x25mm fans beneath, and the AIO... who knows? Its just a thought for a later day after some more research (however you are most likely correct)

Soldato
DDR 4 will still be here for a good while, least Intel as z690/H boards will support it . Data centres will buy up most of the modules anyways and timings will be aweful to start with . But can't comment if AMD latest socket will support both ram types .

Save cash

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wd-b...-solid-state-drive-wds100t1x0e-hd-57h-wd.html

Intel is tooting their z590 platform is faster with PCIe 4.0 nvme transfers but theirs hardly any difference to be honest .

Gigabyte /Aorus you'll have the better UK RMA for your board . Really is a pain in the back side wanting repairs to and from EU currently but fingers crossed I. A yr for other brands it gets better - or vendors just allow resellers to straight swap

Back
Top Bottom